All day with luggage help please!

katiecat

We have a late plane 4pm the day we get off the ship. I don't know how to spend my day with all my bags!! Can anyone give me any ideas on what to do for a few hours instead of rushing to the airport.

Thanks, Lisa

One thing might be a port tour. I'm not sure about San Juan but most other ports of debarkation have tours for passengers with late flights. Your luggage goes on the bus with you, you do the tour and end up at the airport.

Charlie

If you dock at the pier right in old San Juan (accross fro Sheraton) there is a place that will store you luggage at the ferry terminal next to the pier, it is right next to the Segway tour, which I would highly recomend.

If you doc at the Pan AM pier (AOS does) then you're going to need a cab to old san juan, then a cab to the airport, so consider the extra taxi cost for your extra hours of touring. Note that RCI offers some post cruise excursions that take you directly to the airport (Barcardi plant for example)

Barrachina offers free storage for the day from 9-5 daily. They are on 104 Fortaleza st in OSJ. Grab a pina colada while you're there - it's the best I've ever had (they claim to have invented it).

Cheers.

My husband and I had this problem on our last cruise. We didn't really feel comfortable leaving our luggage somewhere that we weren't so, we took a taxi to the airport and rented a car for a few hours. My husband has done a lot of business on Puerto Rico, so he knew his way around. We did a tour of the Bacardi plant and then ate lunch somewhere (don't remember where) and just drove around the island. By the time we turned the car in back at the airport, much of the crowd had cleared out and getting through the airport wasn't as stressful.

Have Fun! Enjoy your Cruise!

Barrachina offers free storage for the day from 9-5 daily. They are on 104 Fortaleza st in OSJ. Grab a pina colada while you're there - it's the best I've ever had (they claim to have invented it).

We just called Barrachina and were told that they do not open until 11:00 AM. Now we do not know what to do with our luggage:cool:.

We are staying at Courtyard Miramar and turning in a rental car at 9:00 AM in Old San Juan. We had planned on leaving our luggage at Barrachina. The other place suggested (Coqi something, cannot remember exact name) has posted on website that they are no longer accepting luggage since March 2009.

So....anymore suggestions? We will have at least a 2 hour gap between dropping off car and being able to store luggage.

• 3 weeks later...

I also need help with this question!!! We will be getting off the ship July 12th, probably about 9:30 AM, but our plane doesn't leave until 7:00 PM. Where can we store our luggage for the day?

Should I just wait for Barrachina to open, or does anyone else know of any places? Does anyone know if the Sheraton Hotel across from the cruise ship docks store luggage, even for a fee?

Thanks in advance!!

We just called Barrachina and were told that they do not open until 11:00 AM. Now we do not know what to do with our luggage:cool:.

I have read other posts that state that although the restaurant doesn't open until 11am, the luggage area opens at 9am. It might be worth checking again???:confused:

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone know if the Sheraton is near the Princess ships? I am trying to make arrangements for my daughters cruise and I would love to find her a day room before she gets there. Everything was fine until the flight changed from 2:45 to 8:00 am, so now I am looking for another flight but they seem to leave late.

Any help!!!

Thanks

Dorene

I just got back from San Juan Monday. There is a business that offers luggage storage on Pier 2. It is an easy walk from the Pier where Carnival Victory docks.

I stored luggage the morning before and after my cruise and had no problem. They charge $3 for large pieces of luggage and $2 for small pieces of luggage. They did a booming business both days that I used them. They are right next door to the Segway Tour Office. I also did the Segway Tour and it was a lot of fun.

I also just got back to San Juan Sunday 7/12 and we used the same storage facility next to Segway on pier 2. Large suit case $3.00, overhead size were $2.00. It was easy to get to and they're open until 4:30 PM.

As for the late flight, we had a 7:30 to Tampa. We allowed 3 1/2 hours to get to the airport and get through the long lines, just to be sure because of the agriculture inspection, etc... We arrived there about 4:00, no traffic on the hightway, There was no line at the agriculture inspection, and only a 10 minute line to check in. Needless to say, we had plenty of time. So if you want a much less stressful check-in experience, keep the later flight out.

Don't know what cruise line you're on, but we were on Royal Caribbean and they offered a service where upon departure from the cruise, they'd just check in our bags for us and get it delivered to the airport and everthing -- given, it cost us $20/bag (we are just 2 ppl) but it was well worth the cost considering the convenience for us! We left the boat at 9am and our flight wasn't until 4pm!

Otherwise, the other options I've heard are:

1) take an excursion with the cruise. They'll store your bags and deliver you to the airport

2) store with Barrachina's in Old San Juan for something like $5/bag during their store hours

After disembarking, we checked our bags at the Sheraton. The valet doesn't care if you are staying there or not, just treat him well tip-wise. Then when we picked up the bags there was a cab right there to take us to the airport.

Archived