How to find each other during cruise?

2910car

We are a family group of 14 (8 adults and 6 children (2-7). I was wondering how we will find each other on the ship. Have other people done this before? I want everyone to have a good time and not be together "in mass" all the time but would still like some quality time together other than just dinner. Would appreciate any suggestions. Thank you.

We are only a group of 9, and 3 of our 4 cabins are close together. We plan to have dinner together in the main dining room each evening. Not sure how my 3 yr old will handle that, I figure if I can get through the first formal night when we officially celebrate my parents 50th anniversary, maybe after that we can eat elsewhere, lol.

We plan to use voice mail on the cabin phones to keep in touch, I'm bringing plenty of post it notes to use on cabin doors, and have considered dry erase boards for the cabin doors as well but honestly, I don't think I'll have room for those in my luggage so post it notes will probably be good enough to let people know where we will be.

I do have one set of walkie talkies but probably won't bring them. I don't know how well they will work on the ship in any case.

We only have one 3 hour excursion we have planned for the entire group, otherwise we will be doing different things during the day.

I hope that helps some.

I agree that the post-it notes on the doors are a good idea for letting people know where to find you. Also, you should maybe review the days schedule each evening or morning and decide if there are things that you would like to meet up for as a group.

We are only a group of 9, and 3 of our 4 cabins are close together. We plan to have dinner together in the main dining room each evening. Not sure how my 3 yr old will handle that, I figure if I can get through the first formal night when we officially celebrate my parents 50th anniversary, maybe after that we can eat elsewhere, lol.

We plan to use voice mail on the cabin phones to keep in touch, I'm bringing plenty of post it notes to use on cabin doors, and have considered dry erase boards for the cabin doors as well but honestly, I don't think I'll have room for those in my luggage so post it notes will probably be good enough to let people know where we will be.

I do have one set of walkie talkies but probably won't bring them. I don't know how well they will work on the ship in any case.

We only have one 3 hour excursion we have planned for the entire group, otherwise we will be doing different things during the day.

I hope that helps some.

Nothriver - if you do late dinner, then on some nights you could feed your child at one of the buffets before your dinner and leave them at kids place during your dinner. I believe most of the kids care places are open during the late dinner seating hours, but not during the early dinner seating.

Notes in the cabin are a great way to inform other's of "change of plans"....we just tell everyone where we'll be, and if something changes, we leave a note.

The ship is large, but most of the space is taken up by cabins....and you won't be in any of the cabin space (except for where YOUR room is!), so that eliminates about 1/3 of the ship...

It's not as hard as you might think to find the rest of your party!!!!

If you have lots of parents in your party, sign your kids up for camp carnival, they will give you a cell phone in case there is a problem with your child....ask them what your phone number is and you can call each other on those phones for free.

We have also used dry erase boards, but found on the fantasy that the doors were not magnetic, we had to place them up over the door. It still worked, not as easy to see.

If all else fails you can catch up at dinner! LOL

Another suggestion is to find a place or two on the ship where the adults will 'hang out' when there is down time - maybe the library, a lounge or a place on the sun deck. Not that you all have to be together but my husband and son always know that I am either in the library or a quiet area I have found on a sun deck.

Walkie talkies work great. I don't think you all have to have the same brand for them to work together. Just be on the same channel. It is the best way to find each other. That is how we keep track of our kids. I would take them if I were you.

Archived