Turtle farm on own

2910car

Do we have to book an excursion to the turtle farm in advance or can we just get a taxi when we get off the ship. Don't want to pay Carnival's rates as we are a family group. The kids really want to see the turtles. Thank you.

Do we have to book an excursion to the turtle farm in advance or can we just get a taxi when we get off the ship. Don't want to pay Carnival's rates as we are a family group. The kids really want to see the turtles. Thank you.

My family went in April and booked directly with Boatswain online. It cost $112.00 for 2 adults and 2 children, transportation included. I don't see why you couldn't hop in a taxi and pay at the enterance but I would want to find out how much a taxi would cost first.

I am interested in doing this also. How do I contact them? Website? Did you do just the turtle farm or the whole park? Pick up?

I don't know what is was like before but it's all one park. You walk in and there are tons of different turtle tanks. There is a beautiful fresh water pool with lifeguards, a snokeling pool with sandy beach and loung chairs, bird aviary, a shark pool, a few iguanas, restuarant, gift shops. It looks like they are still doing work on it and may add more attractions. It's nice and relaxing. My 12 & 13 year old liked the snokeling and then spent most of the time at the pool. Also all snokeling equipment is included except flippers.

I don't know what is was like before but it's all one park. You walk in and there are tons of different turtle tanks. There is a beautiful fresh water pool with lifeguards, a snokeling pool with sandy beach and loung chairs, bird aviary, a shark pool, a few iguanas, restuarant, gift shops. It looks like they are still doing work on it and may add more attractions. It's nice and relaxing. My 12 & 13 year old liked the snokeling and then spent most of the time at the pool. Also all snokeling equipment is included except flippers.
The DW is interested in the Aviary and Turtle Farm, as well as seeing the other sites... Maybe even a dip in the pool..:rolleyes: DS, 18 year old will be with us.. Me, I just kinda' 'follow along', and as long as I can get a 'local' beverage along the way, I'll be fine...:)

Do you think the Park is worth $108.00 for three 'adults'.. Enough to do for 3/4 hours..:p

The DW is interested in the Aviary and Turtle Farm, as well as seeing the other sites... Maybe even a dip in the pool..:rolleyes: DS, 18 year old will be with us.. Me, I just kinda' 'follow along', and as long as I can get a 'local' beverage along the way, I'll be fine...:)

Do you think the Park is worth $108.00 for three 'adults'.. Enough to do for 3/4 hours..:p

I think the price is worth it. I wouldn't plan on spending more than 4 hours there. It all depends on your interest. We are a family that really likes animals of any kind. My husband spend close to an hour just snokeling with an underwater camera. There is a nice restaurant with a bar and music, very casual outdoor seating, prices were as expected. We took our food over to the pool and ate. We went to the aviary and they told us we just missed the bird feeding. The worse case scenario is you lounge by the pool with a cold drink.

Boatswain Marina pictures:

2137580548_cruise2009020.jpg.2f95893d31680fc91e506c81970c23d0.jpg

1067205895_cruise2009024.jpg.8c27c35049fb5651faa3e320109b60cc.jpg

334974319_cruise2009022.jpg.8987a72633b23fb0f37e92556a1d972f.jpg

1945635983_cruise2009018.jpg.9dd7ad75142a0edf87c7ab8602f6fe24.jpg

1788851625_cruise2009023.jpg.97f9e513097afc18d7269d193f07547b.jpg

I think the price is worth it. I wouldn't plan on spending more than 4 hours there. It all depends on your interest. We are a family that really likes animals of any kind. My husband spend close to an hour just snokeling with an underwater camera. There is a nice restaurant with a bar and music, very casual outdoor seating, prices were as expected. We took our food over to the pool and ate. We went to the aviary and they told us we just missed the bird feeding. The worse case scenario is you lounge by the pool with a cold drink.
Guessing for the cost, and FREE transportation, we may just do the on-line purchase and save the 20%...:)

Probably won't be the last time we are in Grand Cayman..:rolleyes: Other option is the 3 hour 'Best of Grand Cayman' bus tour thru CCL.. That is $52.00 each tho', and I get bored riding around on buses..:eek: even if it is GC!!;)

Thanks for the info.. !!

Archived