Waitlisted Experience

jt58203

Can you tell me what your "waitlisted" experience was like? I'm looking at several last minute cruises (June departure, Alaskan itineraries) and several of the cabin categories are waitlisted. So my big question is when do you find out if you get a cabin? Is it possible that one wouldn't find out until the day of or day before?

could come up when they move people around to accomodate others..but like my upcoming trip, the entire ship is waitlisted..and the cruise is within two weeks. Chances of it opening are slim. It woudl take last minute cancellations or princess offering "move overs"

But if you see waitlists earlier inthe cruise timeline, like prior ot final payment times, the chances are good, that hte waitlist will clear.

Can you tell me what your "waitlisted" experience was like? I'm looking at several last minute cruises (June departure, Alaskan itineraries) and several of the cabin categories are waitlisted. So my big question is when do you find out if you get a cabin? Is it possible that one wouldn't find out until the day of or day before?

In September of 2007 we saw a great last minute deal on the Diamond to Hawaii; RT LA 15 days. This cruise was leaving three weeks later; October 4th. The whole ship was waitlisted except for some inside cabins which were not an option for us. We decided to waitlist for the FF catagory and got a cabin within 48 hours. Four days prior to departure we were upgraded to a BC balcony. You just never know how these waitlists can turn out.

Air can be the big deal, because can you get it at a reasonable price at the last minute?

In September of 2007 we saw a great last minute deal on the Diamond to Hawaii; RT LA 15 days. This cruise was leaving three weeks later; October 4th. The whole ship was waitlisted except for some inside cabins which were not an option for us. We decided to waitlist for the FF catagory and got a cabin within 48 hours. Four days prior to departure we were upgraded to a BC balcony. You just never know how these waitlists can turn out.

Air can be the big deal, because can you get it at a reasonable price at the last minute?

Wow, great upgrade. I'd love to get on the June 1 Island Princess cruise as mini suites in the lowest category are waitlisted (Cost is only $649 through the Princess website being I'm a past passenger). There still are quite a few open mini suites in the higher categories. Due to timing, etc. I'm actually hoping there'd be some last minute specials later this summer for Alaska.

I'd get air through frequent flyer miles. I can always redeposit them for a fee if I can't get on the boat. It would cost $100 but I figure it's worth a gamble. If I really wanted to go next week to Alaska, my airline offers great flight times using ff miles departing on May 31 as I just checked!

You could find out 24 hours before the cruise.

We were waitlisted on the Emerald and received a call Friday afternoon and the ship sailed Sat. Luckily we had our airline tickets already purchased. The Emerald was oversold by 35 cabins.

If you waitlist you will probably clear. I would waitlist for all cat.

Wow, great upgrade. I'd love to get on the June 1 Island Princess cruise as mini suites in the lowest category are waitlisted (Cost is only $649 through the Princess website being I'm a past passenger). There still are quite a few open mini suites in the higher categories. Due to timing, etc. I'm actually hoping there'd be some last minute specials later this summer for Alaska.

I'd get air through frequent flyer miles. I can always redeposit them for a fee if I can't get on the boat. It would cost $100 but I figure it's worth a gamble. If I really wanted to go next week to Alaska, my airline offers great flight times using ff miles departing on May 31 as I just checked!

Lucky you. Delta would just laugh at me if I needed to use FF miles at such a late date. I suppose coming from the Dakotas helps. And $649 for a mini? Fantastic! Go for it and have a great cruise! :D

Archived