Freedom or Oasis?

I am really struggling on whether to go on the Oasis of the Seas or the Freedom of the Seas in Sept. 2010.

They have the same itinerary and the price difference is not all that much, I just think it is the sheer size of the Oasis that is making me think twice!

What to do?! (I wish all of life's decisions were like this :rolleyes:)

I am looking at the same thing for Oct 2010. I'm leaning towards Freedom. We've been on FOS before and loved it. Oasis, I'm sure, will be an amazing ship but it really seems like overkill to me. I can't decide either. I would like to experience Oasis but really like the size etc of Freedom. I don't think I would NOT like Oasis, just think we might have a more relaxing time on Freedom. Does that sound crazy?

I am looking at the same thing for Oct 2010. I'm leaning towards Freedom. We've been on FOS before and loved it. Oasis, I'm sure, will be an amazing ship but it really seems like overkill to me. I can't decide either. I would like to experience Oasis but really like the size etc of Freedom. I don't think I would NOT like Oasis, just think we might have a more relaxing time on Freedom. Does that sound crazy?

That is exactly what I am thinking about with the Oasis. I am afraid there will be so many things to do that I will need an vacation after my vacation.

I guess I'm the odd man out. Freedom just seems to be a super Voyager class ship to me. Oasis looks to be entirely different with the exception that it's keeping the Royal Promanade. When you only have three ports on a 7 night cruise, my opinion is the ship had better have plenty for me to do.

We've done the Voyager class and, while we enjoyed it, there just wasn't enough different on the Freedom class to make us want to go. Oasis has enough new features that we'll return to the Caribbean, even though the Caribbean isn't our favorie cruise destination. With Oasis, we're sailing to sail the ship and not so much to visit the same old caribbean ports.

I see it this way....on Oasis the ship "IS" the destination......on Freedom class the destination is more the port stops with a whole lot of ship chuck full of activities to enjoy on the way there and back.

Very True! On the Oasis the ports aren't really what you are paying for, it is all of the new "neighborhoods". The ship is the destinantion.

I think I may save the final decision for when the first set of real reviews and pictures for the Oasis come about in December (*Hint Hint* since you are going on the pre-inaugural cruise). Hopefully the price will not have skyrocketed by then!

Archived