Looking for a World War II cruise:

Eppe4

Trying to surprise my Husband with a World War II itinerary as a retirement vacation. Any help would be greatly appreciated. We're usually Princess cruisers, however, we've done other lines and in this situation, the ports are more important than the cruise line.

Many Thanks,

Trying to surprise my Husband with a World War II itinerary as a retirement vacation. Any help would be greatly appreciated. We're usually Princess cruisers, however, we've done other lines and in this situation, the ports are more important than the cruise line.

Many Thanks,

Pacific or European theater? HAL had a wonderful grand Pacific voyage that included ports of major WWII battles on the various islands and atolls. Don't know if there is the equivalent itinerary coming up in the future.

For the European theater, a river cruise that would reach the interior of the continent would likely visit more include more battle sites. A friend recently returned from a river cruise in France that included the beaches of Normandy.

More information would be useful. Are you looking for certain battlefields? or other locations of strategic importance? I just did a google search for "WWII theme cruise" and just lots of hits -- that would be a good place to start searching.

We will be looking to do the Pacific Theatre. We've been to Europe many times and so enjoyed Normandy. If I'm not mistaken, this used to be a popular itineray, I will look at Holland America for itineries. Thank you so much for your help.

A good friend of mine to the HAL cruise a couple of years ago and absolutely loved it! Seems like he went in the spring - but can't be sure. There's also a World War II museum in New Orleans - http://www.ddaymuseum.org/ I know that they sometimes sponsor trips with some of their curators as guides.

Good luck! Donia

Archived