Captains Club Elite traveling with non Club member..?????

California Native

Hi Everyone.

I need real time experience advice as the Captains Club desk has several differing opinions

I'm Elite with Celebrity and have been told the status carries over to Azamara! Woo Hoo!

My DH has never sailed with them.

We will be doing a B2B Oct 22/Nov 3 2010

So, technically he will have MY benefits on the Nov 3 sailing, everyone at the Captains Club desk agrees with this point.

This is what I need to know

On the Oct 22nd sailing.

Can he check in with me in the Priority Check in line?

Can he come with me on Priority tender (this is important)?

Can he come with me to the wine blending?

I have received 2 yes and 2 no from Captains Club desk.

Which seems shocking to me as we are married and on the same very pricey reservation

I'm trying to convince my DH to cruise, as he/we have travelled the world together backroads and all. We just returned from an intense 24 day adventure through Turkey, Greece and Bulgaria...

I'm tired of shlepping my suitcases up and down stairs, 10 airline flights, eating jambon e fromage sandwhiches on pigeon pooped church steps, almost every night.

After 30 years of cruising with my mom and I want my DH to become a convert...

any bell or whistle that I pull out that impresses him will help the cause!

and I don't want Azamara being shortsighted on something so little in the scope of things

So does anyone know how stuff like this is actually handled while boarding or on the ship...

Thanks

K.

As long as you are traveling under the same Reservation #, you will both be listed on the Xpress Pass that you print out before you go to the ship. You will be allowed to use the Elite line at check-in.

The tender service was so efficient on our cruise that "priority" tickets would have made no difference.

Check with the Loyalty Ambassador when you board. That is the person who knows the answers about Captain's Club.

We found that everything went so smoothly because there were only 650 passengers.

Charlie

Hi Where2next !

I'm not sure what the "official" rules are, but you shouldnt have any problems with any of the items you mentioned.

You can both check in together. It should not matter, as check in is usually a breeze.

As for Priority tenders, make sure your Cabin attendant leaves you 2 tender tickets instead of 1.

Wine Blending ? I'm not positive on that one, but again, I highly doubt anyone will stop your DH from attending, especially as you are an Elite Member.

I agree with Aquatot, that if you have any concerns, you can address them with the Captains Club Host/Hostess onboard. If you have any futher questions, feel free to ask.

Where2next

I agree fully with Andy, from the moment you arrive at the port, it really will not matter what status you are. All the crew and officers on Azamara Quest treat everyone as if they are special. Combine this with there being only around 650 passengers onboard and I am sure that your husband will be completely won over. If he isn't, no ship is going to do it.

We are Select members and were in a Penthouse Suite but made friends with people sailing Celebrity/Azamara for the first time and were in a SV. There was no way at any time that our friends were made to feel any less special than us.

Sue

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Where to Next,

I have recently returned from a cruise on Celebrity Summit travelling with my mother. I am an elite passenger, she is not. She was able to do everything/attend everything that I was invited to.

Celebrity/Azamara are not a petty cruise line and just want passengers to have a good time.

Azamara is wonderful - I will be amazed if your husband does not become a convert after your lovely holiday.

Ciao

Spursgirl

Having advanced status gets you some perks on Celebrity. Just sailed on the Journey,advanced status doesn't make any difference. All cocktail parties are listed in the daily sheet. Anyone can go. It doesn't get you an upgrade. There weren't any tender tickets or lines for anything. They treat evryone the same....as it should be.

Hi Where to Next---

I agree with what everybody has said about priority treatment. Ignore what the Head Office says. They are not empowered to give you the answer you want to hear. Once you board Azamara, you will discover that you will be treated extremely well, no matter what your status. That is what they're good at. The staff is extraordinary and will do anything within reason to make your cruise memorable.

We were on the Quest last May and just returned home after a wonderful cruise on the Journey. Everybody was extremely impressed with the level of service and the presence of officers and staff, including the hotel director, cruise director, guest relations director, Captain's club hostess.

Happy sailing!

Sheila

Archived