Dream airport question

maynovmom

Just checking to be sure since we always sail out of the Miami/Ft Lauderdale port areas....If we are sailing on the Dream out of Port Canaveral we should be flying into Orlando International airport (MCO) correct? Getting ready to book my flights so just want to be sure! :D

Not until April 2010 but we always book our flights as early as we can to save money and use skymiles. I thought it was MCO but wanted to be sure. Thanks. When are you thinking of going on the Dream? We booked this while on our April 09 Liberty cruise.

Make sure to check your flights every few months for itinerary changes/holds due to changes, and possible cancellations. The only downside of booking for less months out. My flights for Spirit in July were booked 8 months out and have changed 3 times. WooHoo!!!

Not until April 2010 but we always book our flights as early as we can to save money and use skymiles. I thought it was MCO but wanted to be sure. Thanks. When are you thinking of going on the Dream? We booked this while on our April 09 Liberty cruise.

We are going on the Dream in April 2010, also. April 24th to be exact.

We were told that we fly into Orlando and then Carnival has transportation available to the port. Not sure about the cost. The trip to the port is about 90 minutes we were told.

What date are you sailing?:D

Just checking to be sure since we always sail out of the Miami/Ft Lauderdale port areas....If we are sailing on the Dream out of Port Canaveral we should be flying into Orlando International airport (MCO) correct? Getting ready to book my flights so just want to be sure! :D

Yep....MCO is the airport of choice when sailing from Canaveral. We just made booked our flights last night for Jan 2010!! :D

You probably know....but.....MCO is about an hour away from Port Canaveral. So the next thing on our list is to get the tranportation to and from the airport booked too ;).

We were told that we fly into Orlando and then Carnival has transportation available to the port. Not sure about the cost. The trip to the port is about 90 minutes we were told.

Are your flights booked through Carnival??

If yes...the transportation to and from the airport is included.

If no....you have to make arrangements and pay for the airport transfers. You can not just show up and the Carnival bus without a "ticket".

Make sure to check your flights every few months for itinerary changes/holds due to changes, and possible cancellations. The only downside of booking for less months out. My flights for Spirit in July were booked 8 months out and have changed 3 times. WooHoo!!!

Don't 'cha just hate that :eek: !!

I do like the fact that - usually, but not always - I get an email alert. But...either way you offer very good advice. Flight times change all of the time. When we book this far out - we have to keep track of them ;).

I have not only had my flight times changed, but also seat numbers. My partner has to have an aisle seat so this annoys him to no end. We booked our flight to Puerto Rico this past March about 4 months ahead of time. Both seats and times changed about three times. We fly to Ft Lauderdale in October and have had changes twice already. Usually they are not anything major, but it can still be frustrating. Our Ft Lauderdale flight now leaves a half hour later then originally planned. This is all Delta by the way.

We're not sailing until June 2010. The port's only about an hour away from the airport. It's not a bad drive at all.

Yep....MCO is the airport of choice when sailing from Canaveral. We just made booked our flights last night for Jan 2010!! :D

You probably know....but.....MCO is about an hour away from Port Canaveral. So the next thing on our list is to get the tranportation to and from the airport booked too ;).

If you Google "orlando airport transportation to port canaveral", you'll find a number of shuttles and limos from $40-$70 each way and some cheaper with round trip. A coupel of firms will give you on line quotes for fares. The Carnaval shuttle looks a bit high in comparison.

Archived