Nassau with no excursions...

CanadianTwosome

Okay, so this December we're going to be stopping in Nassau. We've got a private beach stop the next day (unless we get diverted to Key West again, which I wouldn't complain about!), and after we get off the ship we're going to Key Largo to scuba dive, so I'm not worried about finding a beach. I was thinking of just walking around, checking out the straw market, and possibly going to the pirate museum... anyone have any experience they'd like to share? My daughter will be 11 on this one. :)

Nassau isn't our favorite port...we do the same thing. Walk around the straw market for awhile, then we head back to the ship. It's virtually empty, and the pool is all yours! I mean, it's the ship we paid to use, and this is a great opportunity to do so without the crowds! I love the ship when everyone else is gone!!!

Okay, so this December we're going to be stopping in Nassau. We've got a private beach stop the next day (unless we get diverted to Key West again, which I wouldn't complain about!), and after we get off the ship we're going to Key Largo to scuba dive, so I'm not worried about finding a beach. I was thinking of just walking around, checking out the straw market, and possibly going to the pirate museum... anyone have any experience they'd like to share? My daughter will be 11 on this one. :)

We did exactly this on our last trip to Nassau. We walked to the Pirate Museum which was not that far away. While it was ok and somewhat interesting - now that we've gone I would have no need to go again. We took one of my favorite vacation pictures there with DS, DD and DH. It was nice that DD and I could check out the straw market right next to the ship while DS and DH went back to the ship. We also liked getting back on the ship before everyone else and enjoying some quieter time at the pool.

imgdisp7.jpg.0dd1454bbf95e0363c66b17da8203f9b.jpg

Nassau isn't our favorite port...we do the same thing. Walk around the straw market for awhile, then we head back to the ship. It's virtually empty, and the pool is all yours! I mean, it's the ship we paid to use, and this is a great opportunity to do so without the crowds! I love the ship when everyone else is gone!!!

I took advantage of the empty ship in Nassau, too. I had been to Nassau 3-4 times before, and since we were only in port from 8-2, I decided it would be nice to stay on board, take a few pictures, and try out the spa facilities (the steam room was awesome and had a magnificent view, btw!)

My 3-year-old daughter happily played in Camp Carnival while I was in the spa, and afterwards, I picked her up for lunch. My DH, mom, and our family friend wandered about in port, but returned to the ship earlier than expected. They didn't find anything all that interesting, and, since it was a Sunday, most of the shops weren't going to open until later.

Me & Hubby did our own walking tour last time in Nassau. We went to the Pirate Museum, then to the town square, had a bite to eat, and then went to the straw market. The pirate museum was pretty good but mostly for kids...I liked that you could spend as much time as you wanted there because I'm a reader so I wanted to read every little thing that was posted. :)

Thanks to everyone for the responses!!

Great picture Warm Breezes! I'll be looking for that photo-op! :)

It sounds like my plan is going to work out fine. We should be able to have a little walkabout, hit the museum, and still take advantage of some 'empty ship' time. :) I sense some pampering in my future... :p

Archived