Latitudes Boarding Percs & Account Numbers?

NCL noob Qs here

initially, i booked our cruise directly thru NCL; then flipped to TA when i found a group rate that saved over $500 more than the military rate

The NCL peep assigned us each a latitudes #, i did have our TA attach them to our final ressie

Oddly, DHs number is different from mine & DSs, shorter in length & begins with an "6" (vs ours that begins w/"2") and he is listed as bronze when i check the NCL site:confused:.

Guess we're offical latitudes members;), does NCL have a latitudes counter for expedited checkin? don't want to be told we're not eligible to utilize it, then have to wait in another line to check in:o

do we then get our boarding number & wait? or do they do boarding differently than on Carnival/Disney. btw, we are in a mini-suite on the Star; don't think there's any priority boarding perc there.

Specifically, asking as to fact that our flight time has changed into Seattle, now not getting in until almost midnight the day before & we'd like to get onboard ASAP, then hop out & briefly check out pike's place before sailing.

everyone gets assigned a latitudes number right away but you are technically not a latitudes member until you complete your cruise. I have never seen anyone stopped from going on the latitudes line at the port but sometimes that line is longer than the regular line and some ports don't have them.

There used to be latitudes waiting area in NY but I think they did away with that....

We have sailed NCL frequently and have found no real advantage to the latitudes check in line.

That answer changes for Gold and Platinum as they have made an effort to pull those passengers into a different que with the suite passengers.

Latitudes members can use the Latitudes line, but as mentioned already, sometimes that line is as long as the non-Latitudes line. The key to real check in ease is two fold:

1) Pre-register on line for edocs ahead of time.

2) Arrive EARLY!! I always arrive early and basically walk on board from taxi to ship. Now your cabin won't be ready, but you can drop your bags off and wander. It's a good time to make dinner reservations, explore the spa and spa specials, have a drink and stake out your favorite spot near the pool. :D

If you are in a Penthouse Suite or better, you can check in at the Suite Check In. Now that's STYLE.

NCL noob Qs here

initially, i booked our cruise directly thru NCL; then flipped to TA when i found a group rate that saved over $500 more than the military rate

The NCL peep assigned us each a latitudes #, i did have our TA attach them to our final ressie

Oddly, DHs number is different from mine & DSs, shorter in length & begins with an "6" (vs ours that begins w/"2") and he is listed as bronze when i check the NCL site:confused:.

Guess we're offical latitudes members;), does NCL have a latitudes counter for expedited checkin? don't want to be told we're not eligible to utilize it, then have to wait in another line to check in:o

do we then get our boarding number & wait? or do they do boarding differently than on Carnival/Disney. btw, we are in a mini-suite on the Star; don't think there's any priority boarding perc there.

Specifically, asking as to fact that our flight time has changed into Seattle, now not getting in until almost midnight the day before & we'd like to get onboard ASAP, then hop out & briefly check out pike's place before sailing.

We were on the Dawn last Dec. and there is a seperate embarkation line for minisuites. At least there was.

Has anyone used the dinner for two at Le Bistro at no charge for Latitudes members? I had heard one time that you could get a discount on dining fees also with latitudes. Maybe that is for the gold level.

Has anyone used the dinner for two at Le Bistro at no charge for Latitudes members? I had heard one time that you could get a discount on dining fees also with latitudes. Maybe that is for the gold level.

If you are a platnium member, you will get dinner for two and a bottle of wine at Le Bistro at no charge. I did on my previous B2B cruises. I got a free dinner each week. It was very good. Platnium also get a free bag of laundry done when the special is offered. This helped out a lot.

Latitudes members can use the Latitudes line, but as mentioned already, sometimes that line is as long as the non-Latitudes line. The key to real check in ease is two fold:

1) Pre-register on line for edocs ahead of time.

2) Arrive EARLY!! I always arrive early and basically walk on board from taxi to ship. Now your cabin won't be ready, but you can drop your bags off and wander. It's a good time to make dinner reservations, explore the spa and spa specials, have a drink and stake out your favorite spot near the pool. :D

both carnival & disney had the cabins blocked off until 1:30 - 2 pm:confused:is NCL different?

it would nice to be able to dump our day bag, if the timing was right, then dash back off to see pike place area

thanks all, we weren't planning on the past guest party;)even if invited, they seem like such a zoo to me

both carnival & disney had the cabins blocked off until 1:30 - 2 pm:confused:is NCL different?

it would nice to be able to dump our day bag, if the timing was right, then dash back off to see pike place area

thanks all, we weren't planning on the past guest party;)even if invited, they seem like such a zoo to me

On my last three NCL cruises, the cabin were not ready until 2:00. They made several announcements saying the cabins would not be ready until then. There was a place to store your carry on bags if you wanted to.

We LOVE the Lattitudes parties! Free drinks and nibbles, a chance to check out all the handsome crew in their finery, an opportunity for a few prizes....what's not to like? I've never found them zoo like. We just get there at the appointed hour, settle in to a nice window-with-a-view seat and wait for all the little freebies to appear. Lovely.

Now that we're Silver status, I'm thinking there might even be another type of party but, I could be wrong? Anyway, no matter to us, we're fine with the general group party - makes us feel special even if we're one of hundreds! Ohhhh, I just can't wait 'til October.

We were on the Dawn last Dec. and there is a seperate embarkation line for minisuites. At least there was.

Balcony cabins and mini suite cabins do have their own check in line. But again...early means fast. You get on later in the day and the line was longer in the balc/mini suite line than the latitudes line.

They are pretty strict about not getting into your cabins before 2pm. However, if you have a balcony room or better category, you can be a bit insistant and your room steward will graciously allow you to stow your bags in your closet in your cabin.

Were able to kinda just "GO" to our room and drop off our carryons in a neat pile in the corner by the couch on the Sky a few weeks ago. I would recomend bringing a bathing suit in your carry on if you are goin on a warm cruise and wanna spend some time the first day by the pool. We had the best weather of the trip the day we left Miami but didn't get our bathing suits til after 2:00pm at least, maybe closer to 3:00!

NCL noob Qs here

You assume incorrectly..you are not an official llattitude member until after you complete you first cruise..so forget about the express lattitudes check-in line and leave it to those who have earned it.

BTW it is correctly referred to PIKE PLACE MARKET.

You assume incorrectly..you are not an official llattitude member until after you complete you first cruise..so forget about the express lattitudes check-in line and leave it to those who have earned it.

Wow! :(

That is the first rude post I have read on this board.

Janet - people come here to ask questions and learn. It's about sharing, learning and understanding and helping people prepare to have a wonderful trip. So much of what I am doing on my cruise this summer (from car rentals to a day room at Hilton Hawaiian Village) came from asking questions and people graciously sharing their experiences. Your knowledge of Seattle could help a family make even more wonderful memories. Sharing feels good ...

Peace ... A New Yawker deep in the heart of Texas

:p yes ma'am! nothing like a good old fashioned slap down! funny, ive been bending karen's ear ad nauseum on the seattle board for a month & not once was corrected-guess she knew what i meant and didn't feel the need to publicly correct me in such fashion (a rose by any thorn would smell as sweet). BTW, jik anybody needs info go in search of it, a kindler gentler place for Seattle noobs to try & get the lay of the land:)

re the officiality of the latitudes number/member, it was given to me over the phone by NCL;), i sure didn't ask for it. Since i have it, thought i was a 'real' latitudes member...im almost there, right around the corner.:D

btw, we do have a mini suite booked, thanks to the posters info above i can sleep nights & wait in that line:rolleyes:

Latitudes check in line..."real" or otherwise.

NCL isn't gonna kick you out of the line just because you happen to be in the Lat line. They excel in customer service. They'll just smile and check you in.

For example...my last cruise was a party of 8. Four of us were Latitudes, two were first timers. Six were in suites, two were in a regular stateroom. We ALL checked in thru the Latitudes Balcony/Mini Suite Check in. They were more than happy to check us all in without a waggle of a finger.

The real issue here is karma! Treat everyone, including the NCL registration staff, as you want to be treated...and everything will work out just fine.

Remember you control 90% of what happens to you by your RESPONSE to the 10% of what you can't control. :D

Life is short...relax...take a cruise!

Archived