Question about Muster Drill stations

My younger DS actually GRADUATED FROM COLLEGE this weekend (hooray!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:):):)) so we are getting ready to book our Med cruise on Navigator to celebrate. Mr Chew & myself and the two DSs.

How are stations assigned for the Muster Drill? I haven't paid much attention to which staterooms go where. If Mr Chew & I are in a balcony room and the DSs are in an oceanview a deck or so below us, more or less directly underneath, will they be assigned to the same station?

I suppose Mr Chew & I could sacrifice ourselves and take an oceanview right next to the lads, but we've just earned the Platinum discount and would like to take advantage. (and haven't decided if we want to spoil the lads by giving them a balcony, too!)

The DSs are both old enough & responsible enough to get themselves to their own muster station in an emergency, but y'all know how MOMS are ...

I've never figured out any rhyme or reason to how various cabins are assigned to stations. But, if you are a deck or two apart, I suspect it is unlikely you will be together. But surely a college grad and his older brother can handle muster drill. Do you really want them watching YOUR every move?

They do it by section of ship. Each muster station will have people from different floors but all will be in the same area of the ship.

If their room was directly below yours, most likely they would be assigned to the same muster station, but it's not a guarantee. I've seen where people booked cabins next to each other hoping they would be at the muster station - and the dividing line went between their cabins so they were assigned to separate stations.

Archived