Maasdam Repositioning Cruise 8 May Review

aliaschief

We enjoyed this cruise very much as we did your review, Bruce and Sue. It was a pleasure to meet you and everyone else in our roll call. Sept-Iles was the highlight of our trip -- the meet the artists tour was fantastic -- and we are deeply appreciative of the warm welcome we received. We were on the last tender back to the ship and the townfolks saying goodbye stayed to the very end. That's dedication and we were extremely impressed by that and all the other hard work that went into making our visit so very special. And, yes, Bar Harbor was quite unfriendly. In fact, I overheard a police officer making disparaging remarks about the cruise ship in town. After that, we got our blueberry ice cream and went right back to the ship.

Clipper

Ditto. We enjoyed meeting you both especially in the Pinnacle were we had more time to talk. It was a great cruise. The people in Bar Harbor we met were nice but did feel the official welcome was pretty blah.

Being from a popular vacation destination we do know the feeling of "loosing" our town for the summer but we also know how dependent the economy is on tourism. Communities should never forget who is spending the money.

I really loved this review. Thank you. Those are fine ports and Peggy's Cove is just stunning. We got some fine artwork there. And the lobsters! Sounds as though you enjoyed yourself enormously. :) Bladdick is very cool, too. Thanks again.

• 2 weeks later...
I really loved this review. Thank you. Those are fine ports and Peggy's Cove is just stunning. We got some fine artwork there. And the lobsters! Sounds as though you enjoyed yourself enormously. :) Bladdick is very cool, too. Thanks again.

Just so people won't be confused---that should read "Baddeck"--the summer home of Alexander Graham Bell.

For those of you who did tours in Gaspe, was the transporation to Perce via school bus or a charter bus? Reason asking is that happened to us in Oregon.

Thanks so much,

Hello,

Like the alarm clock went off!:eek:

I thought my review was pretty much gone.:)

The tour we took to Perce Rock was on very nice chartered bus. I might add if you like scenic touring than Perce Rock will fit the bill. The largest colony of Gannett's (250,000) in the world...other species and also spectacular on its own. Gannett up to August if I remember.

We enjoyed this day.

Archived