Gift idea for a cruiser?

Waswo

Hello,

A dear old friend is going to Alaska on the Volandam for her 60th birthday. Her sister is taking her as a birthday gift!

My question: I'd like to get her a gift and wonder if anyone knows if there is a way to order a gift to be delivered to the ship or if there's a better pre-cruise gift I should get her.

I am living far away and I don't know how much or how little her sister has obtained in the way of literature about Alaska.

I was wondering if there's any way I can get her a on-board spa certificate when I live far away and am not going to be on the ship? If not, do you have any other great ideas? I do have time to get something and send it in the mail to her home address (East coast) well before her departure.

Thank you!

To purchase a gift through the HAL website you will need to know the booking number, ship and sail date. There are gifts available for the spa, wine packages, flowers, etc. Check out hollandamerica.com and have a look at the gift list. Good luck.

You could also give them an onboard credit $$ that they can use toward a land excursion or dinner at the Pinnacle, etc.

To purchase a gift through the HAL website you will need to know the booking number, ship and sail date. There are gifts available for the spa, wine packages, flowers, etc. Check out hollandamerica.com and have a look at the gift list. Good luck.

You could also give them an onboard credit $$ that they can use toward a land excursion or dinner at the Pinnacle, etc.

You don't need the booking number. You need her name, the name of the ship and the sailing date. HAL will find her and do what you ask. I do this for my sister and her DH all of the time. I have sent wine, fruit , wine card and this time I am sending gift cards for dinner at the Pinnacle Grill. Go to the HAL site and click on "For Booked Guests" and then go to gifts on board. You can print out the list or just read it. Then call the 800 number or fax your order. It is very easy to do and your friend will love it and be very surprised.

You don't need her booking number or cabin.

All you need is her full name, name of ship she's sailing and the date.

Call Ship's Services ( 800-541-1576). They will help you either send a gift certificate for her to have dinner in alternative specialty Restaurant named Pinnacle Grill ($20 per person for dinner), or send flowers to her cabin, or spa gift certificiate or wine or coffee card.....

All sorts of things to choose from and you can do it by phone or computer.

Have your credit card handy when you call as you will have to pay for whatever you select at the time of your call.

If you call them to order, ask for a copy of the receipt either via email or fax. On my cruise, I ordered a couple of things for my cabin by phone. One arrived and the other didn't. When I went to the front desk to inquire, I was told they had no record of the order. I showed my receipt and got the missing item the next day.

Another suggestion -- order your friend a Holland America terry robe (with logo) through the HAL website. You can have it sent to her house prior to the trip and she will have it to return to after the trip.

Each time she puts on the robe she'll have wonderful memories of her time on the cruise. I received one as a gift and love it!!!!

Donna

P.S. it's on the HAL website under "Holland America Line Shop"- click on "Stateroom", then "Cabin Amenities"

There is also a waffle terry bathrobe with 3 letter monogram that can be delivered to the cabin (item 1967 in the Gift Guide). My two concerns/questions about that are 1) would she have room in her suitcase to return with it? 2) does it also have the HAL logo on it? I'm sure a call to ship services (phone number on the gift guide) could answer the second question.

Come to think of it, it's a waffle terry one that I received as a gift. It's just the right thickness, not too bulky so it might not take up that much room in the luggage on return.

Donna

I stand corrected regarding the booking #, etc. I must have been thinking of another line or another time. I tried sending someone a gift and couldn't do it without that information. I thought it was HAL but I must have been mistaken. I'm glad we have so many smart people on these boards to help out. You're terrific!! :)

I recently ordered a gift online for friends are currently sailing on the Rotterdam and I did not have their booking number. I had their names, ship and sailing date and that must have been enough. We got a post card from Canada that they received the gift.

Here's what the HAL website requires (after you sign in):

All you need is their last name and booking number OR last name, ship name and sail date.

If you do order something through HAL I would suggest you give your friend's sister documentation of the gift's purchase just in case they get on board and they don't have a record of it. That happened to us.

Archived