Possible price changes--carnival

WRH1951

Recheck your cruise price!!!!!!! It appears that the basic prices of some cruises have gone down TODAY(5/27/09) thru Carnival(I don't know about thru TA's. I have been watching for price drops every few days. Today when I started checking, I hit the "special rate" box, where it asks for your state of residence, and if you are over 55, or a past guest. Then when it brought up the basic rates and categories (Fun Select, Fun Saver, and Cash Back), it added Past Guest, and Senior Rate(55+) category. In my case the new Senior rate is even cheaper than my current Military rate.

I am currently booked on the Splendor for the Sept 20/09 cruise to the Mexican Riviera.

My BL has a cruise booked on the Conquest out of Galveston on Sept 13, and it shows a lower new Senior rate on that cruise also.

Check your booked price and "Happy Cruising".

Bill & Brenda

I saw the senior rate on another website for Sept 13th out of Galveston a few days ago, so not new today. The week earlier too. .... but none for Sept 20th or 27th,, when Im on my B2B. Glad you spotted it if you are on that cruise though. I check daily, anal, lol.

... so when are they adding those rates to my dates out of Galveston huh?

I got an email about a 4 day triple play sale starting tomorrow. New rates for resident, military, and past guest, plus cash back plus free upgrades. But looks like it's for new booking only, between 5/28 and 5/31.

Recheck your cruise price!!!!!!! It appears that the basic prices of some cruises have gone down TODAY(5/27/09) thru Carnival(I don't know about thru TA's. I have been watching for price drops every few days. Today when I started checking, I hit the "special rate" box, where it asks for your state of residence, and if you are over 55, or a past guest. Then when it brought up the basic rates and categories (Fun Select, Fun Saver, and Cash Back), it added Past Guest, and Senior Rate(55+) category. In my case the new Senior rate is even cheaper than my current Military rate.

I am currently booked on the Splendor for the Sept 20/09 cruise to the Mexican Riviera.

My BL has a cruise booked on the Conquest out of Galveston on Sept 13, and it shows a lower new Senior rate on that cruise also.

Bill & Brenda

How do I check this out thanks can you tell me thanks Nakis mom

Bill & Brenda

Thanks I just found it i have contacted my TA AAA to get me my discount rate for my cruise in July... I wonder why is it because of the unrest in roatan or for the mexican scare? I wonder?

Mom

This is an everyday occurrence - no news flash here. ken

Sorry for the post.... Ken. :confused:

It may be an everyday occurrence, but I didn't see it before, and I haven't seen any other new posts about these particular rates recentlly, so I thought it might help others. They sure helped me. So thanks for your news flash, Ken.:rolleyes:

Happy Cruising anyway.

Bill & Brenda

My cruise (September 27th on Valor), has dropped twice in the past nine days for both Senior and Past Guest. Now if I could only get Carnival to honor the decrease. Submitted the form and it hasn't been applied yet. Finally broke down and called them yesterday and according to the resolutions department, it could take up to two weeks because of the amount of paperwork required. Now today, it has dropped again. They need to stop advertising an adjustment in 48 business hours because clearly, they aren't doing it anywhere near that fast.

Has anyone else had better luck than I have?

Sharon

Thanks for the reminder to keep on checking prices. My cruise on the Splendor in Sept went down $30 pp.

This is the first time I've ever done a request but it was very easy.

Carnival.com/earlysaver

We booked early saver in April. Price for our category went down today for the first time, $20pp. Called TA and they filed the form and said we should keep checking for our onboard credit to be posted. I also check the rate everyday. Only takes a few minutes and I'm hoping to have my gratuities and a few DOD's paid for by the cruise! Thanks for the post, a lot of cruisers don't know to keep checking those prices, they do go down!

Thanks for the info, Bill. None of mine have changed but I don't much think they will. We booked ES when they rates were first released and were able to get an assigned OV on the 5 nighter from NOLA (Fantasy) for $219pp. It has been as high as $349pp and I see is back down to $299 now. I don't see it going below $219pp and I am certainly ok with that. Those rates don't suck, LOL! Appreciate the info though, it never hurts to keep checking ;)

Would you have had to book Early Saver to get a price adjustment if the price went down?

If you are past final payment you would. But you should be able to get a upgrade if one is available at the price you paid in a higher category, even if you are not early saver.

Our cruise went down 4 times between May 14th and yesterday - and then yesterday afternoon it went up some - not a lot but some. Isn't it strange how some go down and others go up? I'm so happy that I have Early Saver and got all my price adjustments - now I would be happy if it went down more - but for a cruise in the middle of summer I kind of doubt it will go much less the $279 a person. (but I'm hoping!)

Mine went down and well BUT they tried to *upgrade* me to the cabin I already have confirmed (and was not grasping that it was an upgrade) AND then said there is nothing to *upgrade* me to within my catagory....but I can pay full going rates (to sail in 2 1/2 weeks) and upgrade myself to an ocean view. What is up with that?

Check once a day?

NOOOOOOO

I check multiple times and have that program (don't think I'm allowed to mention it) with the big fish with the big teeth tracking my prices every three hours!

Now THAT is obsessed!:D

Thanks for the tip. I was able to book an aft balcony (8I) on the Spirit for $40.00 less than I was going to pay for an 8C yesterday. Now I just have to convince DH that I really NEED to go on a 7-8 day cruise every 5 months. Any suggestions?;)

Check once a day?

NOOOOOOO

I check multiple times and have that program (don't think I'm allowed to mention it) with the big fish with the big teeth tracking my prices every three hours!

A shark's not a fish. ;)

Check once a day?

NOOOOOOO

Oooooo...I want to know what that program is!!!! Any hints?:confused:

Check once a day?

NOOOOOOO

Hmmm:confused:

Archived