Randi's Happy Horses Questions-Victor's Restaurant Question?

CoolCanadian

We just did Randi's Happy Horses and had a great time. The ride is beautiful and the food at Victor's is wonderful. Prices are very reasonable. I had BBQ pork ribs and it was $7.50. A Corona was $1.20. I would highly recommend doing this tour. Randi is a kick and practically held our hands every step of the way so you don't need to be concerned about transportation or the timing of getting back to the ship. One of the nice things is that the guides will stop a ways up the beach and use your own cameras to take your pictures. Makes it really nice to be able to get pictures of your own group.

So is it ok to have ice in your drinks at Victor's? Do they have bottled water? What would you advise?

To be honest with you, we each had a beer so I never gave it a thought about ice. We weren't paying enough attention to anyone to notice if they were using ice or if bottled water was available. Wish I could have been more help to you.

Have you all tried cruise-mexico dot org? (take out the -) Go to the Mazatlan section and you will see posts from her (Island Girl). I know sometimes Randi said she gets the email and writes back but maybe it goes to your spam file or something. She always writes and confirms. Keep trying - the ride is worth it.

I received a reply from MAZATLANLB regarding my 2 emails but it did not answer one of my questions, maybe you guys can help. My itinerary from Carnival states that I will arrive in Mazatlan at 9:00am. Randi's pickup time is 8:30am, how is that gonna work. The response I received from them just stated that they would pick us up at 8:30am and couldn't wait for people. They also got the amount of horses wrong. Why would they have a pickup time before the Pride pax can get there? Please help!! This is starting to make me nervous about taking this excursion.

Randi waited for us all. If the ship isn't in we obviously can't get to her. It was close to 9:30 before Randi left with us all in tow. I believe that the day you are there, the Pride will be the only ship in port. At least, it was when we were there two weeks ago. She has a list of names as well and we waiting for about 15 min before everyone in the group arrived. Don't panic. Quote from Randi's reply to my aunt "We will pick you up at 9:00am at the terminal. All you have to do is get on the tram and it will bring you to us. We are difficult to miss with our sort of funky pink signs. We wait until about 9:30am and then gotta go ride."

We actually didn't have to get on a tram, there was someone there with a sign who walked us directly to where she was waiting.

Thanks Chorts! Randi also got back to me and told me she would pick us up at 9:00. I am getting so excited but it still seems soooooo far away! I need a vacation!

You are quite welcome. Be sure to let everyone know what you thought of Randi and lunch. Everyone's opinions are always interesting.

I am glad everything has worked out and everyone has their reservations. You will love it and Randi. At Victor's, don't forget to ask for the use of the boogie boards (free). Also, everyone raves about the garlic shrimp and they are good but so are the breaded shrimp - my favorites. And the guacomole is the best. Gosh, wish we were going again soon - just love that beach and relaxing. Please say hi to Randi for us.

Karen & Jess

Hi all,

Just got returned from our first cruise to Mexico. Matzalan, Randi and Victor's were the highlight of our trip! Please do not worry about anything. Randi will make it a stressless day. She was there waiting for us at the pier, she knows the cruise ship schedules, and guided us all the way. The food at Victor's is divine, so are the fruit smoothies, very healthy and clean. Hopefully you will meet Chris there, he's a real smoothie too and very nice eye candy. The beach is very relaxing and a nice one for walking. Please say hi to Randi for us. We can't wait for our next trip down there.

Jodie

My son and I will be waiting for my DH and DD at Victor's. My DS is 2 can anyone tell me what I can do with him at Victor's while waiting. If I let him play at the beach is there somewhere to wash him off as we'll be going on Maztalan Frank's tour right after.

I've booked the tour w/ Randi for myself and my mother. My mother will probably not ride. She is afraid of horses and unless they walk, she probably won't get on.

Will Randi take her to Victor's to wait? Is there a beach there and a place to sit? How long will we be riding?

Thanks,

Elaine

Yes your mom can go with you. But you need to coordinate with Randi, to make sure she has enougn room. I think she has a $12 chrge to cover taxi to dock, water taxi to Stone Island and ride to the horses. Once you are ready to saddle up, someone there, Randi or one of her helpers, will take all your extra gear you don't want to carry on the ride plus the nonriders, to Victors. The ride itself isn't that long, probably less than an hours, depending on how eager the riders are and how on time you are.There are tables and chairs there right on beach where you could wait.

Elaine,

We went with Randi straight to the beach the last time - there was even a couple that started the ride but the wife was afraid so one of the helpers brought them back. The time goes by quick sitting there at Victors and talking to Randi while the others are on the ride. Munch on the chips and salsa, relax and enjoy the beautiful beach. Say hi to Randi for us.

Karen

I've booked the tour w/ Randi for myself and my mother. My mother will probably not ride. She is afraid of horses and unless they walk, she probably won't get on.

Will Randi take her to Victor's to wait? Is there a beach there and a place to sit? How long will we be riding?

Thanks,

Elaine

E Mail Randi...she'll charge you a fee for non riders. It's to cover the transportation costs. I'm doing that since my DS is only 2 and can't ride. I'll take him to the beach as someone suggested.

Thanks for your replies. As long as there's somewhere to rinse my DS off.

Elaine..There are lots of things to do on the beach. There are shells you don't find everywhere i.e. sanddollars. There are tables just for Randi's people set up. She will make sure you are taken care of. You can sit and gaze aimlessly at the ocean and not have a care in the world while you are there.

You can loll around in the hammocks and just be lazy. Be sure to ask her about all of her "escapades" when she was younger. That will keep you laughing until the riders return. :D She is a hoot!

First, she is hilarious. She's very down to earth and I trust her. We booked a cruise through NCL Star and I'm just bummed that it doesn't stop in Mazatlan. I planned on spending $40 for lunch, just in case, and I think it came to $12.00 all together. I can't remember what my dh had, but he did order a mango smoothie(we don't drink) and it was very good! I had the garlic shrimp, it was honestly the best I've ever had. Randi includes a drink in the price when you get there, anything else your on your own. It was the highlight of our trip and I can't wait for the day I can take the kids to visit her.

I can't remember the name of her "sidekick", nice kid, probably older than I gave him credit. He came by and picked a mango off the tree while we were riding. Peeled it with my teeth and sucked the pulp out. It was so delish!

We met about half our group online first and then finally caught up with them. I wish they had been our tablemates on board. Very very nice people.

You mean Tony - he does seem much older than he is. He has saved up enough to buy a house for his wife and himself (and maybe a child too, I can't remember) there on Stone Island. The Lovely Maria is 15 and like most kids that age has quit school to work and help support her parents and siblings. Tony has been told by Chris at Victors that he may eat for free when they return from the ride but Tony will not eat anything unless they have a large group - does not want to take food for free unless it was profitable for Victor's. When my daughter and the daughter of a friend lost their S&S cards and my daughter her Drivers License also (just bounced out of their plastic holders around their necks), Tony went back and found everything. How he did that I don't know. Randi used to live in No. CA and around horses - but left for Mazatlan years ago. She is fun to talk to - don't get her started on her ex-husbands. I can't wait to get back to Mazatlan and ride with all of them again. I envy her - she has a job she loves and she loves meeting all the people that take her tour.

Archived