Randi's Happy Horses Questions-Victor's Restaurant Question?

CoolCanadian

Hi Sharon,

Good to hear from you again - wasn't that a special day, all 3 of them :>)))). Jess and I are doing great, plugging away at our jobs, trying to save some money so we can get back to riding with Randi. Not to worry girlfriend - we will meet again.

is this excursion safe for children? or is it only for adults? we have 2 children, 6 & 3 when we go. has anyone done it? we are not horse riders! never ever been on one, except on some pony rides as a child!

and one more thing...are the horses "clean"? our son was on a pony ride, at some fair. and got flea bites all over! that was when he was young...so he's a bit hesitant to be back on one again.

thank you for any info/input you may have!

We took our two girls 6 and 9 years old. They had a great time. The horses seemed clean. We didn't smell like horse afterwards. There were some mosquitoes. We didn't bring any bug spray. I wished we had. We all had multiple bites. We went in Nov 2004. My 6 year old was fine on her own horse. I was a little nervous about it, but she did great. She was the youngest on our trip. I'm not sure about a 3 year old. None of us are "horse people" and we all had great time. It was one of the highlights of our trip.

Our DD will only be 2.5 when we do Randi's and she assured me that there is a horse suitable for a toddler. Our DD will ride in the saddle and either me or DH will ride on horse's rump with her. As long as one of us are with her, I'm not worried. We're really looking forward to it....appreciate the bug spray tip, thanks!

I have a little experience with horses and I have ridden with Randy (great place and good horses) as for the 3 year old, I would put you or Dad in the saddle and her in front between you and the horn. that way your feet can be in the stirups and you both can hold onto the horn or she can hold on to you and you can hold onto the horn. I'm sure Randy or one of the cowboys will tell you the best way.

Hey Hommbronze, Love your pictures and really love Scruffy!! Thanks I'm booked with Randi April 06/05 while on Vision of the Sea. Anything else I should know? No Kids just me and my sister (44 and 58) me being th younger!! It is not a rough ride is it? We did a ride in Dominican Republic last year and the minute the horses got to the beach they just started to roll in the sand. Scared the heck out of us. You had to get off and run!! Ever happen here?Michelle

We rode with Randi, what a hoot. We had a wonderful time. She runs a cash only business, so come prepared. We were a group of 8. One of us didn't ride, charge for him was $15. We were the second ride of the day. Not something Randi does everyday, but it worked. She picked us up after getting the first group off to the cars for the ride to the island. To locate Randi go through the terminal building and she is sitting in the table area near the gazebo. Look for those pink signs. Half of our group was struggeling with finding towels, so we had to wait an extra 15 minutes for them to get off the ship. Once we got to Victors, we waited again for the first group to return. Sodas and beers at Victor's were around a dollar. My fifteen year old son is an avid rider and he was allowed to ride back and forth, gallop, whatever he wanted once he showed that he knew how to handle the horse and be responsible. The horses seem very gentle and healthy. My horse (Chalky??) only liked to walk. I like to go a bit quicker, when I kicked him to go he tried to buck me off, after the first time I was prepared. If you want a quicker ride, be sure to let Maria or Tony know. After the ride, our family of 4 (kids are boys 10 and 15) got a family plate for 3. Randi recommended to get the plate for one less than the number in your group, we got garlic shrimp, chicken quesidillas, and fried shrimp plus all the extras and two additional rounds of drinks for $38. There was more than enough food. We did have to wait a while, some mix up in the kitchen and they gave us an extra plate of garlic shrimp (12). Very friendly and very nice. All was stupendous.

I highly recommend riding with Randi. If we go to Mazatlan again, I will ride with Randi.

Pat, Larry Ian and Josh

I am so glad you posted pschimke! We are a group of 12 riding with Randi on June 22. Where did the first group of riders begin their trip? At Victor's? I am assuming we are in the first group, but after reading about so many other riders going on the same day, I am wondering which group we will end up in.

Rode with Randi in January for the third time.

13 in our group..11 rode..2 transportation.

Plus there was other riders from our ship too,

some repeaters too and new riders.

We were the second group that day, first time for me.

Usually got our horses at the house. Got them on the beach this time.

She had two groups that day because the Mercury was in,

(they came in over an hour before us) We were on the Pride.

Both ships had a lot of people riding with her that day.

Before when we were there on the Vision and the Dawn was there,

was only one group riding. So her having two groups just depends

if there's two ships in port at same time and how many people want

to ride.

Sure she will keep getting more people because she is a wonderful person, gives a good ride, has good help and Victor's food is very good.

As you can tell us repeaters LOVE Randi..and her RIDE.

All of you that are going..Tell her Belle says Hello and give her a hug for me.

Say Hello to Tony, Maria, Victor and cute Chris!

Enjoy your ride! Bon Voyage!

Alright you guys. You have to stop gushing so much about Randi. It may go to her head and she will be hard to deal with!!!! Or raise her prices!!! And since we only rode with her once, we are not repeaters, and may want to do again if you'all don't make her tough to be humble.

We were in the same group with pschimke and family. Had a beautiful day with a wonderful group of people and horses! We think that this was our best excursion ever, out of twelve plus cruises. Randi runs a great tour and is a great gal. Tony and the girls on the ride were very helpful when needed and Tony stopped at the end to take pictures for everyone with their own camera. When we visit Mazatlan again, we will see Randi again!

Pat, it was nice chatting in the ocean! Glad you and yours got home ok.

Hollyster2...the first group to go is the first to arrive at the tables. Once she has enough to get started, off they go. When we got there and found out we were the second group I was a bit disappointed but it worked out perfectly. The horses were kept a bit further down the beach from Victors, a quick walk, but I must confess I'm not very sure that that's exactly where it started from. Go and have a wonderful time! I wish I was still there!

Jo

Archived