Liberty or Destiny

cruiser43

Which ship and itinerary do you prefer? I like the extra days at sea and 7 days on the Liberty but I prefer the ports on the 5 day western caribbean on Destiny. How do the ships compare in terms of pool areas and dining areas? This will be my first Carnival cruise, last cruise was on RCL Liberty of the Seas.

Which ship and itinerary do you prefer? I like the extra days at sea and 7 days on the Liberty but I prefer the ports on the 5 day western caribbean on Destiny. How do the ships compare in terms of pool areas and dining areas? This will be my first Carnival cruise, last cruise was on RCL Liberty of the Seas.

Liberty's 7 day eastern was really appealing to us. It has four great stops (San Juan, Grand Turk, Half Moon Cay and St Thomas) and is a newer and larger ship than the Destiny.

EDIT: Also, Liberty has a supper club, which we absolutely love. The food is awesome, well worth the extra 30 bucks. We dont do it every night, but usually once per cruise. Destiny does not have one.

I cruised Destiny several years ago and loved it. Cruised her again in Feb 09 and it wasn't the same after being on the newer ships. Kinda disappointed, but we did the HMC and GT route which were new ports for us.

I've also cruised Liberty (Western route) and it was a really nice ship.

I doubt I'd ever cruise Destiny again, but would do Liberty in a heartbeat. Seven days and a newer ship!

Archived