Veendam or Statendam - opinions?

galipemi

Ok, contentious issue, I know. I'm torn between the Southbound Veendam on August 16 and the Northbound Statendam on the same date. I've sailed on the Statendam through Alaska before but have never been on the Veendam. While I know there have been some "sketchy" reports recently about the Veendam, they don't really worry me. I fully believe that dry dock kinks will be sorted out by the time August rolls around.

So, all that being said, any opinions one one over the other? It's been a couple of years since I've done a North/South bound itinerary.

P.S.

Ignore the countdown clock, nothing is actually booked yet, I was just checking on how many days remaining:D

We are sailing on the Veendam in a little over a week and I'm not worried about what happened in dry dock. I am sure it's still going to be an awesome cruise! Do whichever one makes you happy. Sometimes I think we read too much on these boards. If I had read so many horrible things about the Veendam before we booked, I might not have booked this trip. So, go with your conscious, not so much with what others say!

Thanks all!

Hines, I booked about an hour ago so I'll be there for the southbound. Flying in the night before and staying at the Sheraton Anchorage (just to make sure I get there :D).

I looked at both itineraries but they didn't really make a deciding factor for me since I've half lived in each of the ports (or at least it felt like it by the end of the season:rolleyes:).

Wooohoooo! Now I just have to last until August:(

Archived