Eurodam - Verandah Cabins

taxmantoo

Does anyone know why the VE cabins located mid-ship on Deck 5 are offered for less money than the VC at the front and rear on the same deck. They are also cheaper than VD cabins on the lower deck.

Their balcony is probably a bit smaller than the VD cabins but why would they be cheaper than the VC's and in a better location? Any ideas?

Does anyone know why the VE cabins located mid-ship on Deck 5 are offered for less money than the VC at the front and rear on the same deck. They are also cheaper than VD cabins on the lower deck.

Their balcony is probably a bit smaller than the VD cabins but why would they be cheaper than the VC's and in a better location? Any ideas?

We have these booked for our Oct cruise and I too wondered but, I have heard that it's because of the lifeboats directly below the balcony that you need to look straight out and can't look down at the water. Maybe someone thats been can clarify this.

Maybe you should check with HAL. They set the prices, not the people on Cruise Critic.

Bad hair day? Need a cruise? Relax, my friend! :cool: A lot of the questions asked on Cruise Critic can be found by calling HAL or looking up their website. Sometimes we get better answers here as evidenced by Kathryn's reply below.

We have these booked for our Oct cruise and I too wondered but, I have heard that it's because of the lifeboats directly below the balcony that you need to look straight out and can't look down at the water. Maybe someone thats been can clarify this.

Thank you Kathryn. I realized after I posted that they were in fact over the lifeboats. I remember now a thread a while back that indicated that was not a problem and that your view was totally unobstructed.

We've been in a VE on the Westerdam and the lifeboats are just below and outboard of the veranda. It in no way diminished our view, except that you couldn't look straight down to the Promenade area. The Verandas are also a bit less deep than those in the forward or aft areas and I think that is the major reason for the lower price.

We liked the location of the cabin, near to the main glass elevators, and had no issue with the slightly smaller veranda.

The midship balconies are smaller and they are right above the life boats - no obstruction but they are there and visable. I woudl not want one of these balconies. The VCs have bigger balconies and that may be a 'better' location for some than a smaller midship balcony.

The VEs are 3 feet shallower than the VDs (4.5 ft vs 7.5 ft) and 1.5 ft shallower than the VCs. So in the VEs you're giving up 27 and 13.5 sq ft respectively.

Archived