beach in Cannes

We (a family of 4 with 2 teens) will be on a 14 day cruise with lots of port intensive touring and would like to just relax on the beach while in Cannes. We will arrive in port on July 4 and be docked from 8-5. Does anyone have a recommendation for a beach that will be availalbe to us (will pay if necessary) that provides lounge chairs (and maybe not overly crowded)? We are not opposed to leaving Cannes and going someplace nearby if it is the best choice. Would also appreciate any suggestions on best way to get there from the port. Thanks everyone...............

Debbie

The beach in Cannes is reasonably nice. There are lots of places all along the waterfront which rent lounge chairs( not cheap however) but there is also a free beach too which I thought was quite nice.

Janchor - can you tell me in more detail about the free beach and how to get to it from the ships dock?

Also - is there a private beach that we can pay to enter that would be nicer than a public beach?

6rugrats - the topless sunbathers will not bother us and will probably be the highlight of my 16 year olds vacation! Thanks for the heads up...........

The free beach (we like this beach because its real sand as opposed to the rocks found on many Riviera beaches) is called the Plage du Midi. To get there from the tender pier, simply exit the pier and walk across the parking lot keeping the water on your left. The beach is only a 3 min walk. There are also a good selection of cafes in the area.

Hank

Janchor - can you tell me in more detail about the free beach and how to get to it from the ships dock?

Also - is there a private beach that we can pay to enter that would be nicer than a public beach?

6rugrats - the topless sunbathers will not bother us and will probably be the highlight of my 16 year olds vacation! Thanks for the heads up...........

Too funny! He must be related to my nephew who used to fantasize that he was going to get a job at Victoria's Secret, and women would come out the dressing room and ask him what outfit he preferred!

Too funny! He must be related to my nephew who used to fantasize that he was going to get a job at Victoria's Secret, and women would come out the dressing room and ask him what outfit he preferred!

Sounds like a clever boy. My son has aspirations of being the chef at Hooters - I will have to broaden his horizons and suggest the Victoria's Secret career!

Archived