Attaching Luggage Tags?

Specter

I just printed out our luggage tags from carnival.com. What's the best way to physically attach these to the luggage? They're printed on computer paper, so they're not very durable. Ideas?

I cover them in packing tape, punch a hole in them, and use a zip tie. They're surprisingly sturdy that way and have made it through flights where my luggage was destroyed but the tag was still there! I also protects the ink if you use an inkjet printer in case of rain on your embarkation day.

I, too, folded them and then covered them with packing (clear) tape. I punched two holes and used two zip ties to secure the ends to each other and them to my suitcases. We usually fly in the day before so I don't usually put mine on until it's time to head to the pier.

Fold as directed. If flying, cover with tape and then loop around bag handle and tape the ends together. This is so strong that even the Rome airport could not get them off.:D If not flying, try folding a sheet of paper in the directed manner. Then try to tear it. It is not easy, is it? Therefore, I plan to just tape the ends around the handles. I always make some extras and put a copy inside each bag in case of total destruction.

Doc

I also use the packing tape, but one word of advice: do not put the tags on until you have completed your flights. They can get damaged in transit.

I usually put them on in the hotel if we arrive the day before the cruise. There is usually little risk of damaging the tags between the hotel and the port.

Another good idea is to print out some labels before you leave home. Include (at a minimum):

Name

Cabin # (I would make this large type)

Then, when you get to the port, get some tags in the correct color for your section of the ship, and slap on the labels.

Archived