Hotel pre cruise & dayroom post

Hi all

Was wondering if anyone has stayed at the Rennaisance Newark airport hotel, pre cruise. My ? is, our flight home is at 19.10pm is this enough time to do some sightseeing in NY. Also any thoughts on the hotel itself would be helpful.

Thanks in advance for any comments

Sandra

Please come to the East Coast Departures board with your questions. The Renaissance has not been discussed a lot, but it should be fine. However, I know that folks will have other suggestions for you such as a park/cruise package. You definitely will have time to go into NY, but your biggest problem is what to do with your luggage.

Can't help about the Renaissance, but we did Explorer at Easter and stayed 2 nights pre cruise at the Country Inn and Suites which worked out great. After the cruise they didn't do day rooms but they let us store our luggage all day. It is right opposite Jersey Gardens Mall so we spent the day shopping before our 9pm flight back to the UK. Personally I would not have gone into NY on the last day, I think it would have been too rushed. Don't forget you need to check in at least 2 hours before an international flight.

Julie

Thanks for your help, we are storing lugggage at the rennaisance for the day and wondered about the Mall as we do not have time before the cruiseto do anything.

Just would have liked to do Top of the rock for the views or Statten Island ferry for Statue of Liberty views oh well maybe next time. Tell me what did you think of the Explorer?

Sandra

Sandra, we loved the cruise. We did the 12 day itinerary and the weather was warm enough to sit out on all but the first and last days. I've read reviews that said the ship is looking shabby, we did not find that at all, we thought it was in good shape. The food and service were great, in fact there was nothing we didn't like.

Regarding the last day, we didn't get back to the hotel until around 11, so if you did want to go into NY you probably wouldn't be there until around 12.

The Mall was good, even with the exchange rate we managed to get some bargains. We saw lots of passengers from the ship so I think its a popular choice.

Julie

Sandra, we loved the cruise. We did the 12 day itinerary and the weather was warm enough to sit out on all but the first and last days. I've read reviews that said the ship is looking shabby, we did not find that at all, we thought it was in good shape. The food and service were great, in fact there was nothing we didn't like.

Regarding the last day, we didn't get back to the hotel until around 11, so if you did want to go into NY you probably wouldn't be there until around 12.

The Mall was good, even with the exchange rate we managed to get some bargains. We saw lots of passengers from the ship so I think its a popular choice.

Julie

Hi Julie

Thanks for responding, glad to hear you enjoyed the EX it looks like it will be the Mall for us as I dont like rushing about. This is a first for us so want to make sure we have everything right.

Sandra

Archived