bermuda in may or august whats your opinion??

mrdrdoso

I did a check on rainfall totals for Bermuda, comparing May to August. August averages 5.1 inches while May averages 3.1. I thought it would be the other way around. ;) On the whole, most "rainy" Bermuda days are not total washouts.

I personally would find the August heat oppressive; not good for a lot of walking.

thank you for checking into that, knowing the weather there is very helpful.

i am waiting for my ta to send me prices but i want to book this today, hopefully she gets back to me. I like to snorkel and swim, I have read so many mixed things, not sure I like the idea of man of war fish, don't know what they are but doesn't sound nice. But I like it really warm, I have never been this undecisive, thanks for all of your help.

The prices are also much lower in May. They go up during the summer months when the kids are out of school.

Are you looking at the Dawn or Spirit?

the dawn, for the last week of august, and there is a third person discount, it looks like a nice boat

the dawn, for the last week of august, and there is a third person discount, it looks like a nice boat

The third person discount will be nice. I just looked and they're also offering the discount in May and the prices are a couple of hundred cheaper per person if that matters to you. I'm guessing those are the only 2 months you're interested in cruising?

August 29, 2010 prices

Price from $949 Inside

Price from $1,049 Oceanview

Price from $1,349 Balcony

Price from $1,649 Suite

May 30, 2010 prices

Price from $749 Inside

Price from $849 Oceanview

Price from $1,149 Balcony

Price from $1,449 Suite

The third person discount will be nice. I just looked and they're also offering the discount in May and the prices are a couple of hundred cheaper per person if that matters to you. I'm guessing those are the only 2 months you're interested in cruising?

August 29, 2010 prices

Price from $949 Inside

Price from $1,049 Oceanview

Price from $1,349 Balcony

Price from $1,649 Suite

May 30, 2010 prices

Price from $749 Inside

Price from $849 Oceanview

Price from $1,149 Balcony

Price from $1,449 Suite

I am interested in cruising every month, lol, but my dh has a dj service and june and july are prime months for him and we have a lot of bookings for then, so thats why I am limited to may or august. Thanks for sending price list, this site is always so helpful.

mary

I am interested in cruising every month, lol, but my dh has a dj service and june and july are prime months for him and we have a lot of bookings for then, so thats why I am limited to may or august. Thanks for sending price list, this site is always so helpful.

mary

I know where you're coming from, Mary. We had a video production company when we lived in CT, and never a free weekend during those months. Actually, we didn't cruise much when we had the company from 1991 until we closed the doors to move back to MA in 2001.

We're going on the Dawn in October this year. Looking forward to being back on her again.

Jackie

If you want to swim at the beach August would be best. I was there mid June last year and the water was cold. August the ocean water is very warm and nice.

I definatly want to swim, leaning toward august plus a few post about man of war, i looked them up, holy crap are they scary. I think our chances of hurricanes are so slight but who knows.

thanks for your input..............mary

I have been to Bermuda several times, in May, August and October.

May was nice, but the water was a bit cool for swimming, and the sea's can be rough on the way down and back.

August is may favorite for the nice beach weather, and the likelyhood of a smooth sailing. If you go in August be prepared for lots of kids on board.

May was nice, but the water was a bit cool for swimming, and the sea's can be rough on the way down and back.

August is may favorite for the nice beach weather, and the likelyhood of a smooth sailing. If you go in August be prepared for lots of kids on board.

How is the weather in October? I'm hoping it will be like it was in May. I've only been there in May, June and July and we had great weather every time.

august sounds more appealing, the kids don't bother me. Our dd is 16 and the more the merrier. The only thing that does bother me is that my parents didn't take me cruising at that age, lol. I usually find the chair hogs and some of the adults to be less behavied.

So now my dh wants either florida/bahamas in may or bermuda in august, I will be so happy once I book it which ever it is due to I don't like not having things done. The Jewel sounds nice though as does the dawn.

Hoping to make decision tomorrow. thanks for everyones help.

mary

How is the weather in October? I'm hoping it will be like it was in May. I've only been there in May, June and July and we had great weather every time.

October was nice the year we went. Not so humid as in August, but still warm enough for the beach. Water temps were cool however.

We just came back this week from Bermuda. Went swimming at Tobacco Bay twice. I didn't find the water too cold.

LOL..I think because we live up here we wouldn't find the water too cold.

Here is a great climate chart : http://www.bermuda-online.org/climateweather.htm

according to this, the sea temp averages 74 degrees in May. To us in New England, that's a really nice temperature for the ocean!! ;)

I'm considering June of 2010 for Bermuda. Both times I have been there previously, it was in September (and the weather was BLISS both times)...but I think I'd like to go in June next time and give that a shot.

July and August are just too expensive IMO.

Mmceachn and Halos, thanks for the info and the chart.

We went the beginning of June 06, and the water was great, plenty warm for us for swimming, but we are used to New England water also.

I've been swimming in Maine during the summer, and I'm guessing the Bermuda water seemed like bath water to you.

I agree about it being expensive during July and August. I like to go when the rates are lower. We've sometimes been able to book suites for what a balcony would cost during high season.

Jackie

I've been swimming in Maine during the summer, and I'm guessing the Bermuda water seemed like bath water to you.

Jackie

LOL..you got that right!! :D

We're thrilled when the ocean reaches 70º here. (or, should I say I'm thrilled) I know I am unusual, but I prefer cold water. I really don't enjoy when the water temp is really hot...it just feels slimy to me or something. :p

My DH on the other hand prefers warm to hot swimming temps. I laugh my butt off when he tries to tip-toe his way into the ocean at the beach here.

:rolleyes:You will never believe this, after you all helped me so much my dh wanted to go in may but I explained to him about the weather,cold water, and jellyfish, we ended up booking memorial day week for the 7 day florida/bahamas. It was dirt cheap and it made everyone happy. I still want bermuda so I guess I will have to wait till the following year unless I win the lottery. Thank you all so much for all your help and research, some sites can get crazy and I really appreciate all of you.:):):)

Happy cruising

mary

:rolleyes:You will never believe this, after you all helped me so much my dh wanted to go in may but I explained to him about the weather,cold water, and jellyfish, we ended up booking memorial day week for the 7 day florida/bahamas. It was dirt cheap and it made everyone happy. I still want bermuda so I guess I will have to wait till the following year unless I win the lottery. Thank you all so much for all your help and research, some sites can get crazy and I really appreciate all of you.:):):)

Happy cruising

mary

Have a great cruise, Mary :)

Archived