!0 AM Return Flight from Barcelona OK?

It will probably be ok. But if there is a significant delay for any reason, you could be in trouble ... remember, if you miss your plane, the airline can simply cancel the ticket and you would have to buy a new one --at high walk-up prices.

The airport is only 30 minutes from the port -- a bit longer in rush hour.

We just returned from Barcelona this past Monday on NCL. Our ship was cleared at 7am for disembarkation even though we arrived at 5:30-6 am. If you do express walk off (you have to be able to carry your bags w/o help off with you), you will be one of the first ones off the ship.

We caught our plane the next day because we had a 7:50 am flight out and knew we couldnt make it. It is about 20-30 minute ride to the airport, give or take the traffic. Taxis are readily available at the port and is an easy ride to the airport. Once at the airport, we waited approx 30 minutes to get our bags/boarding passes at the ticket counter. Then had to go thru security, probably 10 minutes, hardly no line at that time in the morning. You should make it w/o a problem especially if you do express walk off and can get off the ship first thing. If you happen to not get off the ship till 8:30 am, you would be pushing it to make it on time.

Hope that helps.

We were on the cruise with Detwings (Hi!) and flew out the same day. We had a late flight, so didnt hurry off. We disembarked a bit before 9, and were past immigtation looking for a snack at 10 -- about an hour from ship to airline gate. That's on a Sunday. Plan on a little longer on a weekday for traffic I'd guess. Our flight was at noon. Had we wanted to, as you will, we could have gotten off earlier of course. I think 10 is no problem. 11 is very very comfortable, and our noon flight was... boredom. There's not much to do in the non-schengen departures area.

I was wondering if my cruise insurance covers missing the flight, if there are custom delays or late port arrival. - I booked the flight independently. Maybe i should get third party flight insurance..

I was wondering if my cruise insurance covers missing the flight, if there are custom delays or late port arrival. - I booked the flight independently. Maybe i should get third party flight insurance..

I booked insurance with the cruise line my first time. Not this time. MUCH cheaper with a private group for better coverage. The boards are full of them. Travelex, travelguard, and many others.

My Celebrity cruise winds up in Barcelona at 6 AM.

Will i have enough time to catch a 10 AM flight to JFK?

Harry

Depends to the weekday: Weekend yes.

Our NAVIGATOR OF THE SEAS berthed at 05.00 hrs according to schedule.

The first group to leave with self-embarkation was 06.45 hrs.

We left 07.15 hrs from the ship.

Had pre-ordered a taxi for 07.30 hrs.

Was around 08.00 hrs at the airport and flight was leaving 09.35 hrs for intra-European flight...

But you are leaving for US and need a little extra time.

Hope these details helps to rate the situation.

Regards,

HeinBloed

We also have a 10 am departure and boat (RCI) is set to dock at 5 am. I purchased transfers through cruise line hoping that that way, they would be sure to get us off first and kind of be responsible for getting us to our flight as 10 am is their earliest suggested departure. What do you think - are they in any way responsible?

We also have a 10 am departure and boat (RCI) is set to dock at 5 am. I purchased transfers through cruise line hoping that that way, they would be sure to get us off first and kind of be responsible for getting us to our flight as 10 am is their earliest suggested departure. What do you think - are they in any way responsible?

When we came out about 07.20 hrs of the terminal the first bus to the airport just left and they were filling up the second bus...

I think that the first bus was around 08.00 hrs at the airport.

2009NVOTS50314-vi.jpg

So you will make it.

Regards,

HeinBloed

This is really helpful. I'm also on Century returning to Barcelona at 6 am.

Celebrity will "guarantee" transfer arrivals for flights that leave 10 am or later (my flight is 10:40.) Cost is $30 and I'm travelling solo so splitting the cost of a cab isn't certain.

Any pros or cons about taking the bus with the cruiseline vs a cab??

This is really helpful. I'm also on Century returning to Barcelona at 6 am.

Celebrity will "guarantee" transfer arrivals for flights that leave 10 am or later (my flight is 10:40.) Cost is $30 and I'm travelling solo so splitting the cost of a cab isn't certain.

Any pros or cons about taking the bus with the cruiseline vs a cab??

That depends on what you mean by splitting the cost of a cab isnt a concern. If that means you're willing to split the cost with someone, then you'll save some money, but not much. I paid 32 euros for the cab; thats about 41 bucks, to split is a bit over 20. So you save a little. What's the guarantee? If you miss the flight they pay the change fee?

That depends on what you mean by splitting the cost of a cab isnt a concern. If that means you're willing to split the cost with someone, then you'll save some money, but not much. I paid 32 euros for the cab; thats about 41 bucks, to split is a bit over 20. So you save a little. What's the guarantee? If you miss the flight they pay the change fee?

I worded that poorly...the earliest departure they recommend for those using their service is 10 am but I'm sure there is no legal commitment. But since your cab is $41 and I'm travelling solo, it sounds like the Celebrity bus @$30 is the way to go.

Archived