Question about hiring a cab for touring??

ken_nyc

Toonjie recommended doing this: Harrison's Cave (closed on Tuesday according to their site; that's when we are in Barbados, but on the Royal Caribbean cruise enhancements under my booking you can book an excursion to the caves for that day. Is this possible?) and Welchman's Gulley, then heading over to Bathsheba and have lunch there overlooking the ocean. Then head over to Accra Beach (Rockley) for some swimming and go into town for some shopping. (You can rent a car right at the pier, but getting around is very difficult since roads are marked extremely poorly. :eek: This is something I do not want to do.) You can also get a cab by going out of the port facility and catching a cab there since it will be much cheaper than the cabs that come in the port. Just go past the gate with the guards and strike a deal with a cabbie and agree on a price. What are your thought of this plan and how much do you think it would cost to do all of this? Do you think he could drop us off at Accra and come back for us later? Also is there enough time to do this? Thank you in advance!!

Toonjie recommended doing this: Harrison's Cave (closed on Tuesday according to their site; that's when we are in Barbados, but on the Royal Caribbean cruise enhancements under my booking you can book an excursion to the caves for that day. Is this possible?) and Welchman's Gulley, then heading over to Bathsheba and have lunch there overlooking the ocean. Then head over to Accra Beach (Rockley) for some swimming and go into town for some shopping. (You can rent a car right at the pier, but getting around is very difficult since roads are marked extremely poorly. :eek: This is something I do not want to do.) You can also get a cab by going out of the port facility and catching a cab there since it will be much cheaper than the cabs that come in the port. Just go past the gate with the guards and strike a deal with a cabbie and agree on a price. What are your thought of this plan and how much do you think it would cost to do all of this? Do you think he could drop us off at Accra and come back for us later? Also is there enough time to do this? Thank you in advance!!

Ken....how long will your ship be in port that day?

The iteniary (sp) you have planned Harrison's Cave...Welchman Hall....Bathsheba...Accra may be a bit of a stretch. The first three are on the east coast and you should be able to do these (and this depends on how long you plan to spend at each stop)...however Accra is on the south coast and getting there maybe a bit tight time wise.

You normally do get better deals from the guys outside the port and they will be more than willing to accomodate any requests you may have...so this is always a good option. You can speak with your guide and he may be able to fit in all your requests.

Any other questions please feel free to ask

The itinerary you have planned

Harrison's Cave...Welchman Hall....Bathsheba...Accra may be a bit of a stretch.

The first three are on the east coast and

Ummm... Keith... Harrisons Cave and Welchman Hall Gully

(virtual neighbours,about 1/4 mile apart)

are plum in the centre of the island

right under the local TV antenna, 1/4 mile North of Welchman Hall Gully at Sturges

-as central a location as could be identified, for the purpose of broadcast island-wide!

Check your map.

Ummm... Keith... Harrisons Cave and Welchman Hall Gully

(virtual neighbours,about 1/4 mile apart)

are plum in the centre of the island

right under the local TV antenna, 1/4 mile North of Welchman Hall Gully at Sturges

-as central a location as could be identified, for the purpose of broadcast island-wide!

Check your map.

Yeah...fully aware where they are:) but for directional purposes I referred to it as east coast because of its vicinity to that coast. However you arte quite correct it is in the centre of the island.

I think though my advice to Ken will still stand based on the time frame.

Archived