Does anyone decorate your door??

Thank you :D I will add some tacky tape just in case.

Now I just have to figure out what to bring.

I used scotch tape and just doubled it on the back of the paper. I was dissappointed that I did not see any other cabins at all (and I went on several decks and still did not see them).

They do have the laundry rooms so you don't have to pack as much if you don't want to. One of the days we were there you could have them do a bag of laundry for 15.00.

Have fun on your cruise!!!!!!!:)

We have never decorated our door but, one of the rollcall members made signs for us. We liked it so much that we will make this one of our cruise traditions. Can't wait to try my hand at it on our next cruise. makes it so easy to find you cabin when you have had alittle too much to celebrating.

AnitaMarie:cool:

100_1689.jpg.a9f555fd84fdec4b14c84f94ed65aca4.jpg

We decorated our door on the 5 -9 sailing on the freedom. Used stick on letters (DON'T)

The glue stayed on the door when we pulled the letters off.

We used double sided tape to tack a lg post it pad to the door and made a message line from yarn and mini clothes pins. Had a marker on a string w/ the pad. we probably had 30 or 40 notes left on the line during our cruise.

We stuck a note to the door telling others to leave a message. Got pics and as soon as i get them down loaded i'll post the door shots.

BTW. Magnets would not hold very well to the door in our cabin.

Somehow after being on CC for a couple years now I've never paid any attention to this.

Now that I've paid attention this is a fabulous idea.

On my first sailing on RCI, they don't put the cabin numbers on your room key/sea pass thing so I had the worst time trying to remember my room. I've been told that Carnival no longer puts the cabin number on their room key/sign and sail so this will help me tremendously.

Thanks for the thread

We've only been on 3 cruises. So our first cruise, I didn't know anything about decorating. We decorated our door on our second cruise last year on Valentine's Day and again this year for DH's birthday. Will post pics if I can figure out how to.

I love to see the decorated doors/cabins and the pics everyone is posting. Thanks everyone for sharing! Keep 'em coming.

I always decorate my door, but I'm about as corny as they come.

1st -cruise - just - From Philadelphia going to and my ports

2nd cruise - All Eagle decorations (they were in the Superbowl)

3rd cruise - Valentine's day as a part of the Carribbean Cupid Cruise

4th cruise - VIP- Very Important Partiers Vacationing in Paradise

5th cruise - Our 40th Wedding anniversary

My next cruise will all out the Philly Pride Partiers

I looked for but couldn't find a picture posted by BIG DOUG (hey Doug help me out) from door decorations put up by the ParrottHeads on our Legend cruise.

They were probably the best I've ever come across.

I decorated our Conquest door last month for my DH's birthday. He wasn't crazy about having his b'day announced to the world, but he left the decorations up all week. The 6th day of the cruise a lady in the elevator told him he didn't look 50...he was so embarrased!

(I hope this photo pasting works....)

P5180507.JPG

P.S. I made the decorations and DS put them up...apparently he hasn't learned in 3 years of college that 'birthday' is one word!

What a great idea. We're travelling in November on the Miracle and will be football season. So of course, it will be Steelers memorabilia. I know I'll be able to find our cabin for sure.

We were on the Fantasy over Halloween and our group had a decorating contest. I didn't win :(

I had to use poster putty as the magnets didn't hold very well.

0003p386

Someone swiped a spider.

Amylee, were the doors on the Fantasy magnetic? There will be a birthday in our cabin, and was wondering if magnets were the best way to go. Can poster putty be found at most craft stores? Appreciate the info! :)

I LOVE this idea!

We are taking my dd and her two friends next August on Dream for her Sweet 16.

Maybe the first day/night, when they are getting changed or out and about, I can decorate the door, she'll either love it or hate it at 16 years old LOL

Does anyone know approximatley how long and wide the doors are?

Also, does anyone have any ideas for Sweet 16? OR, maybe I shouldn't advertise there are 16 year old girls in a cabin?

hhhmmmm........didn't think of that until I typed it.

Here is our door decoration - I roll it up so I can use it on our next cruise.

2456217710103584906S600x600Q85.jpg

Our theme is "Things to do where I live"

That is very nice.

How tall and wide did you have to make that?

Thank you.

Archived