Giving away personal items?

GreenZolie

not the same thing- but we vacationed at all inclusive resorts, and when we went in winter or spring I would pack for my 3 girls all their summer clothes from the previous summer- still in excellent condition and then at the end of the trip I would leave just enough outfits for my girls to finish the trip, and wash the clothes, and find a local person -sometimes from the kids' club or just a hotel worker we had connected with and give them the clothes for kids and some school supplies we had also packed- so it felt good to pass on the clothes that my kids no longer needed and also freed up luggage space for souvenirs etc

we got invited to lunch at a village at one place and everyone was sweet and welcoming, and at another we met someone we still correspond with after 7 yrs!

I am loving all these stories, keep 'em coming.

MrSegway, may I ask about your screen name here? Is it in reference to the personal transportation Segways?

Sorry for the highjack, I promise to keep it short.

Now on with the stories....

I had an all white Red Sox hat that one of the bartenders on our cruise LOVED. He said he had never seen one like, neither had I and not since either. We talked about the red sox and how he hated the Yankees too lol So naturally I took the hat off and handed it to him. He just looked it over and handed it back as if I was just showing it to him. I handed it back and said... no you keep it. He had the biggest smile and put it right on his head LOL. The following year we were on the same ship and he remembered us as soon as we walked up to the bar! We went back later after his break and he pulled out the hat and put it on his head! What fun that was to know he still had it and it clearly had been well worn. It really made us feel good. I just LOVE mindless acts of kindness. Pass it on!

I had an all white Red Sox hat that one of the bartenders on our cruise LOVED. He said he had never seen one like, neither had I and not since either. We talked about the red sox and how he hated the Yankees too lol So naturally I took the hat off and handed it to him. He just looked it over and handed it back as if I was just showing it to him. I handed it back and said... no you keep it. He had the biggest smile and put it right on his head LOL. The following year we were on the same ship and he remembered us as soon as we walked up to the bar! We went back later after his break and he pulled out the hat and put it on his head! What fun that was to know he still had it and it clearly had been well worn. It really made us feel good. I just LOVE mindless acts of kindness. Pass it on!

Oh wow, I love this story! Thanks for sharing.

Archived