Outlets on the Golden

Tess2mommies

Hey everyone,

I leave in a week for the Golden, and i'm bring a ton of electronics (laptop, ipod, camcorder, digital cam, blow dryer, curling iron, flat iron, the works)

How many outlets are in an ocean view cabin? Is there a 3 prong outlet? Do I really need to bring an extension outlet thingie?

Also, I was originally in a category FF room on the emerald deck, but do to a problem I was upgraded to a category EE on the plaza deck all the way forward. Will the lower deck forward position be a big deal or is emerald a better deck?

If I recall correctly, there was one double outlet in the room on the Golden (we had a balcony on the Lido deck), and another in the bathroom.

We always bring a power strip or extension cord with triple tap on it for our cruises.

I have a 4 outlet power strip I keep in my suitcase for all of my cruises. That way I don't have to remember to bring it with me (although it is on my cruise packing checklist that I keep on my computer too). I love the signs in the bathroom that say "outlet for shaver only"...I guess it is OK for men to groom themselves in the bathroom, but not for women. The hairdryers on Princess are a joke, and are in the bedroom area, so you can't dry your hair when the other person is trying to sleep easily.

Icebrat:

I'm glad your problem was resolved. If I recall correctly, you booked CAt.

EE thinking it was not an obstructed view and it was (due to the agency's misinformation) I'm glad you

got your unobstructed view cabin after all!

Yeah, I booked cat FF thinking it was partial and I got a 2 category to an ocean view. Happy with that. They could have given me an E which is partial but I got the EE. very happy.

Thanks for remembering. Less than a week to sailaway.

Archived