Changing cabin keys question

Infi

We'll be switching cabin keys with family on our next cruise (had to book with the names this way in order to get the 2-for-1 discount for both rooms). How do we get the nameplates corrected? Do we just ask the cabin steward, or do we ask passenger services when we do the key switch? Thanks in advance!

The purser will change your room keys around for you, but I have no idea how you would get the names on the card outside your stateroom changed. Check with the purser when you board, that is the only suggestion I could give. I doubt the room steward would be able to do this. ;)

We've done this several times and never a problem changing keys. We haven't asked to have name card changed and they do not do it automatically. We don't look at the name card and if others have any business doing so, they'll be friends/family who know why it's wrong. I suppose the purser's desk could print you a new one - or just use a pen, reverse it and write the correct names on the back.

Yes, the Purser's desk will get the keys and on board accounts straightened out.

As to the card by the door, the steward can probably handle, but if not you can turn it over and write the correct names on that side.

We had to do the same thing for our upcoming cruise on the Crown. My TA told us to check-in together and that they would give us appropriate keys right then. Can someone speak from experience? ...is this possible?

Thanks.

Kim

We had to do the same thing for our upcoming cruise on the Crown. My TA told us to check-in together and that they would give us appropriate keys right then. Can someone speak from experience? ...is this possible?

Thanks.

Kim

At check in, all the cards are already programed. Any changes we have had to make in the past have to be done at the purser's desk once onboard.

Just confirming that there has never been an issue doing this at the purser's desk. I felt a little uncomfortable about booking this way, but it was my TA's idea, and she swore that Princess knows people do this to get the discount for both cabins and that they don't care....

Thanks for the answers, everyone. I know it's a little thing, but I do like to save the nameplates for scrapbooking purposes, which is why I'd like them changed. Hopefully it'll work out. Thanks again. :)

• 4 months later...

We are in this same situation on our upcoming cruise, and while it doesn't seem to be a problem to change at the Purser's desk, has anyone phoned Princess after final payment and asked to make a switch before arriving at the terminal?

We are in this same situation on our upcoming cruise, and while it doesn't seem to be a problem to change at the Purser's desk, has anyone phoned Princess after final payment and asked to make a switch before arriving at the terminal?

Why are the passengers in your cabins in that configuration in the first place?

It may end up costing you a fee to switch around beforehand.

I would just wait until onboard. :)

Why are the passengers in your cabins in that configuration in the first place?

It may end up costing you a fee to switch around beforehand.

I would just wait until onboard. :)

This is a first cruise for my sister and her husband (our second), and the Princess rep advised us to do it this way to save money. Your advise about waiting because they might charge a fee makes total sense - thanks!

This is a first cruise for my sister and her husband (our second), and the Princess rep advised us to do it this way to save money. Your advise about waiting because they might charge a fee makes total sense - thanks!

Thats what I thought, you would have to pay the additional money and maybe more if the fares have gone up if you switched back before boarding.

Have fun.

Improvise!

We modified our name cards ourselves on our first family cruise when we booked one adult, one kid in each room. Manicure scissors and some kind of sticker that we put on the back so that the cut out names would stick to the original card.

After the first time, we didn't bother. But we had fun on the first one doing the switch. I have a picture somewhere.

Archived