Solstice Transatlantic Rome/Ft Lauderdale Nov 30th 2009

Mikey2611

Hi there

I am a 60 year old Single Gay Male travelling solo on the above Transatlantic in November 2009. I wonder if there are any other "family" intending to take this cruise?

I have found an excellent Hotel In Rome for 2 nights prior to the Cruise for about $100 US per night with breakfast and walking distance to most sights. I also have booked a limo to the port on the morning of the 30th. Would be happy to share this information and the limo ride with anyone who will also be arriving in Rome 1 or 2 days prior to the cruise.

Mike

If you check, you'll see another thread for this cruise with some additional postings.

Anthony here, I'm traveling with my partner Robert, and my mom & dad. We're both 47, and love transatlantics.

Home many people can your limo hold? We are also staying 2 nts pre cruise, and have not made arrangements for transfers to the port. Do you have space for 4 additional people?

Would be interested in your hotel choice too.

Anthony

Anthony,

Since writing my last post, I have changed my plans somewhat in that I have now decided to make the cruise a back to back by taking the previous Greek Islands and Italy Cruise on the 20th November and then just staying on Board for the transatlantic. I managed to get a Concierge cabin with balcony single for $2200 Canadian and I thought that quite a deal. Wil come down to earth on the Transatlantic cos I just have an Oceanview on Deck 3.

I am of course cancelling the Hotel and taking the transfer from the airport instead of the Limo. The hotel is called "Hotel Raffaella" Via Urbana, Rome. It was Euro80 per night with breakfast on a single basis. I have stayed at the Hotel before and its nice, clean and friendly with a good breakfast thrown in with the price. Also reasonable walking distance to most tourist spots. The Limo was Bob's Limousines ( he's an American and again I have used them before and they were excellent). Not cheap as its Euro 135 from the Hotel to the Port ( a good 1 1/2 hour drive). The problem is that they only hold 2 people and 2 large and 2 carry-on suitcases.

I will now try to find the other posting on the transatlantic. I hope to meet you on the ship, I am sure that there will be "Friends of Dorothy" meetings which I usually try to attend. Keep in touch....Mike

Since writing my last post, I have changed my plans somewhat in that I have now decided to make the cruise a back to back by taking the previous Greek Islands and Italy Cruise on the 20th November and then just staying on Board for the transatlantic. I managed to get a Concierge cabin with balcony single for $2200 Canadian and I thought that quite a deal. Wil come down to earth on the Transatlantic cos I just have an Oceanview on Deck 3.

Hi Mike,

Partner and I are on the Nov/20 cruise to the Greek Islands. I notice you also posted on the Celebrity Roll Call, we have close to 40 people on that board. I have been posting there for a while.

Looking forward to meeting you in Rome.

Jorge

Archived