Mariners Club for kids on Mariner?

Rally

Does anyone have recent experience with Regent's Mriner Club for kids on Mariner? We will soon be cruising with grandchildren for the first time (ages 8 & 9) and wonder if anyone has experience with this club? Any insights or suggesitons? We are on an Alaska cruise with Kids sail free so think there will be other children aboard. Thanks in advance for any and all tips =)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=811433&highlight=mariner+kids+program

Hi Rally, as you know, we're on the same cruise--we've got a 12 yr. old boy and a 17 year old girl who are thrilled to peices about seeing the wildlife, viewing Alaska's beauty, experiencing a cruise again, dressing up for the dining rooms, and joining the kids clubs. I am interested in your question as well and hope you get some current responses. I found a thread on the same subject from last year and it looks like several Mariner cruisers were well satisfied with their experience. (see above).

I hope we get to meet your 2 grandchildren!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=811433&highlight=mariner+kids+program

Hi Rally, as you know, we're on the same cruise--we've got a 12 yr. old boy and a 17 year old girl who are thrilled to peices about seeing the wildlife, viewing Alaska's beauty, experiencing a cruise again, dressing up for the dining rooms, and joining the kids clubs. I am interested in your question as well and hope you get some current responses. I found a thread on the same subject from last year and it looks like several Mariner cruisers were well satisfied with their experience. (see above).

I hope we get to meet your 2 grandchildren!

Our grandchilodren are so excited even I am surprised. They are 8 & 9 (cousins, a boy and a girl) and are very close. In most ways . . . Dylan (the 8 year old) loves sushi, loves salmon, mushrooms, always refers to pasta as pasta and not spaghetti (which warms my Italian heart =) and never met an appetizer he didn't like; Regan is a little more reserved about things, but willing to try. Both are working on their wardrobes, and Dylan has suggested to his mother and father that maybe he should have a "blue Blazer, like Papa's." For Dylan's 8th birthday party he asked his friends to donate something to a "Save The Eagles" sort of fund. . . long before he knew he was going to Alaska; he might see a Bald Eagle or two, dont'cha think? =) We have never traveled with grandchildren before. We have traveled a lot with our children (their parents) to Hawaii, Yellowstone, and other places, but that was a few years ago.

Both children are very well behaved in restaurants, know how to dress appropriately (once in awhile with their grandma's suggestions) and are looking forward to all of it.

Can you tell this grandpa is excited? =)

Mike

Just a thought -- the Alaska cruises have just begun -- you may have to wait a while to get "current" responses. It's been a while since the Mariner has run children programs. The first "kids sail free" cruise is coming up. You may want to wait until next week to ask the question.

Just a thought -- the Alaska cruises have just begun -- you may have to wait a while to get "current" responses. It's been a while since the Mariner has run children programs. The first "kids sail free" cruise is coming up. You may want to wait until next week to ask the question.

Well then I will get answers next week. We sail June 24.

Here is a URL for a CC article called, "Come Aboard My Family Cruise to Alaska on Seven Seas Mariner" written "by Kathleen Tucker, Publisher," who traveled on the Mariner with her two children, aged 12 and 8 (http://www.cruisecritic.com/articles.cfm?ID=770). She talks about the kids' experiences with the Ambassadors of the Environment program and the Club Mariner Kids program.

Hope this will be helpful!

hi Rally -

we took our 2 kids - both 12 at the time - on a Mariner cruise - also at a time when the kids sailed free - we expected more children to be on board - the staff did their best to entertain the kids when they went to the Kids' Club, but really there were just not many kids on board! - i must mention that everyone on board went out of their way to talk to the kids and make them feel special! - they sat in the Captain's chair, the butler brought them hot popcorn every night, special smoothies at the bars - a wonderful trip for them! - and several passengers approached my husband and i when the kids weren't around to say what nice children they were! - made us feel good too! - - - anyways, i'm sure you'll have a wonderful time! - we're booked on the Navigator in November (sans children this time) and can't wait! -

Hi again Rally, that's great the grandkids are so excited--and it's neat they are cousins traveling together! I love that your grandson started a wildlife fund already. You know, when we travel with our kids, they are pretty happy doing the day time excursions, eating dinner, checking out a show maybe, relaxing on the observation deck or in the cabin. They enjoy active time just as much as their down time and they're both good about down time. I bet your grand kids are good about their down time too--books, a travel diary, hand held electronics, an in room movie, etc. Heck, we're all going to be tired at the end of each exciting day...

Only a few more weeks!

Archived