Queen Victoria Dress Code

jplotts865

I read the Queen Victoria review and was very pleased to see that the ship is rather dressy! Please tell me this is true? After several Caribbean cruises (the last two or three in particular) I have been disheartened - to put it mildly - by the lack of enforcement of the dress codes and the trend toward casual to the point of sloppy attire, even at dinner on "formal" nights. On our November 23rd Canary Islands cruise (12 nights) how many formal nights can I expect? I love to dress for dinner so they can all be formal for all I care but I know that isn't the case. It looks like I may have a very nice cruise coming up...any comments (including anything negative, alas) are always welcome! Thank you...this is a great site for the exchange of information and generally seems to be right on target.

On our 13 night Mediterranean voyage last summer there were 4 formal nights, 5 semi formal nights, and 4 elegant casual nights. For the most part, everyone followed the dress code, and it looked wonderful. Although most men wore tuxes and most ladies wore long dresses on the formal nights, there were several men in dark suits, and ladies in elegant shorter dresses rather than gowns, and they did not look out of place. Even on the casually elegant nights most people were dressed appropriately.

The QV is a beautiful ship, we had a wonderful trip, I do hope you enjoy your holiday!:)

http://gallery.me.com/lesleyblake#100381&bgcolor=black&view=grid&sel=0

Lesley

I was on a 10 night Canary cruise onboard QV last year and evenings were dressy. We had around 4 formal nights and the rest were 'jacket required' for gentlemen. Travelling in Queens Grill everyone adhered to the dress code and the same I believe was the case in Princess Grill. As a matter of fact, I mentioned to our head waiter that, in all my many years of cruising, I had never seen so many passengers who looked so fabulous and simply looked 'glowing' in the evening.

Lesley...the photographs were outstanding! I'm pleased to hear the ship is rather dressy - which I really enjoy. Thank you all for this confirmation...now I'm really looking forward to the trip.

Yes...back in, I think, 1963. I was just a kid but already nuts about ships. We did a New York-Bermuda trip and I thought I was oh, so sophisticated and worldly! The ship was wonderful...we had an inside cabin on the lowest possible deck (two bunks) but the service was still very British and sheer perfection. I do recall it was quite rough...at one point everyone on the dance floor in the "Mayflower" nightclub ended up IN the orchestra when the ship, which was both pitching AND rolling, took a particularly steep dive! Ah...you brought back memories! Thanks!

Am currently on QV in Baltic. Passengers are slightly older so whilst there are a lot of full length dresses they are not as glitzy or glamorous as they might be. Having said that, most adhere to dress code and those that don't will eat in the Lido Buffet. Not many white jackets about either.

Archived