How clean are the pack n plays?

bastmom

We'll be traveling on the Mariner of the Seas next week and I'm debating using the pack n play they provide or bringing our own for my 1 year old. I'd really rather not lug ours around if we don't have to, but I'd also hate to get on board and realize the pnp they provide is nasty. Does anyone have any experience with this?

I will be bringing our own sheets in any case.

Thanks!

We cruised the Majesty to Bermuda a few years ago and did bring our own P&P because we were driving. When we got to the cabin, there was a P&P waiting for us, but we were glad we brought our own because the ship's smelled very MUSTY. We packed ours in the original box, and put a big label with our cabin info, sailing date and last name, and it worked out great.

=0 I should have scrolled down first because I just posted this question as well!!

I don't want to lugs ours but I also don't want to get there and the thing be gross. ds loves to curl up in the corners and I know he will be standing in it and chewing on the side, ugh!!

If we don't take ours then I am packing a small can of lysol disinfectant and clorox wipes to wipe it down REALLY WELL :-)

have a great cruise!

We do the same thing! Even though we have had clean PNP's, we don't take chances and spray them down with the Lysol and let them dry and spray the remote control and all the doorknobs too! Sounds crazy but who wants to be sick on vacation! I also buy the "Wet One's" antibacterial wipes in the small packages that fit in your purse (not individual but there are about 10 or 15 wipes in them) for about $1 per package and keep on in my purse, stroller, toy bag, etc. Definitely bring your own PNP sheet and a small blanket.

Archived