Cruisers from UK!

Hello there, I have a question about the sockets for electrical items in staterooms.

"Power Strip" is this a cable with plug at one end and row of 3 or 4 sockets at the other end. Thus turning 1 socket into 3 or 4? Would we be safe enough using one of these with a plug adaptor also (I only have UK plugs on my electrical items) so US/EU socket then adaptor to switch to UK style then "power strip" then my electrical items, hair dryer, charger etc.

Many thanks!

:) x

P.S. Do you think we would need an over door organiser if there is just 2 of us in a balcony cabin?

Yes, power strip is what we call an extension cable and it's okay to use with US/EU power sockets. We were on the Voyager last year and our cabin had a UK power socket - we haven't seen them on other ships we've been on.

I don't think you'll need an over the door hanger. We find there's plenty of storage space in a balcony cabin for two of us - except for the suitcases. They can be a bit of a bind. We try to leave them on the balcony if possible.

Most of the ships we've sailed have one US outlet for 110 volts and one european (two round pins) for 220 volts. If the UK has the flat blades like this

plug.gif

then you will need an adaptor and the extension cable if you want one. We take ours but many don't and get along fine. There is normally only one socket in the cabin.

For luggage store it under the bed. If there seems not enough space, put the smaller bags inside the larger ones. Occasionally we have to lift the bed a bit to slide the luggage under. Usually it fits just fine.

We took an over the door hanger one time and found it a nuisance. There's always been plenty of room in even the smallest of cabins.

Charlie

Archived