Lack of sufficient elevators????

I have seen and heard several comments to the effect that the Voyager of the Sea has too few elevators. Since my wife cannot do stairs, this could be a problem.

We have taken many cruises and are well aware that at obvious peak times you can often have a long wait for an elevator. Is the "problem" more serious than that to the extent it could ruin a cruise?

Bob

Bob,

I was on Voyager in March and took the elevators often. After shows they were very busy with long wait times. It wasn't a problem for me and I didn't notice there not being enough elevators, just long waits at peak times. I then would take the stairs. You should check out the deck plans in relation to where your room is if you've already booked, and see if what the ship has will meet your needs.

Sher

If you cannot take the stairs, I suggest going to either the opposite end of the ship away from the venue that just finished and take the elevator there, OR take the elevator in the opposite direction from what you need and then go to the deck that you need...this way you are on the elevator already. We have done either when on one of the extreme opposite decks from where we have to be. We try and use the stairs most of the time.

This has been one of my pet peeves. While the elevators are sufficient most of the time, I find that for disabled, especially in wheel chairs, it can be a very long wait. I personally think they should dedicate an elevator to wheel chair users. People can be very insensitive and rush on the elevator without thinking about the handicapped individual waiting.

I think the suggestion to go to the bank of elevators not near the venue recently let out is a good one. However, that does not help the person leaving from their cabin. I suggest leaving a little earlier than most everyone else, or even leaving a little later.

Good luck and have a great cruise. Voyager is a beautiful ship.

We just got of Liberty this past Saturday and noticed the bank of aft elevators had signs in them indicating they were primarily (sp) for those that had mobility issues. We always respect those that have issues and allow them to go ahead of us NO MATTER which elevators we use. I also have a bit of mobility issue (with stairs) that I had a knee replaced last June and one that needs it now (but cannot due to our business) and still respect those that are in a wheelchair or on crutches/canes.

You never know when you might be the other person and want the same courtesy.

Tim

the mantra was ride up, walk down.

By the amount of food consumed these days, a large portion of the population cannot even walk down.

Having cruised after a badly broken leg....I could not agree more with the thought that folks have lost their manners and are RUDE. Give the handicapped a break!!!!

Ride up, walk down. Might build up your appetite for the next forage into the Windjammer!!!!

Archived