Tira Misu???

I adore Tira Misu, my absolute favorite! Can you get it anywhere on the shipother that Portofino's? If not, can you just buy the dessert to go without eating a meal? I know this seems strange, but we all have our weaknesses......this is mine.:D

A very decent tiramisu is one of the desert options in the MDR on Italian night. It is NOT like the one at Portofino, however. It is likely that if you ask your head waiter on Italian night if he could arrange for you to have it every other night or some other nights, he may be able to do so.

Personally I didn't think the MDR Tira Misu even came close to the one in Porifinos. And no, I am not aware of anywere else you can get that wonderful version other than Portifinos, officially. That said, I know when we went to Chops last year, I asked since we were doing Chops twice and no Portifinos, but REALLY wanted that for desert. I was told they are not allowed to bring the food in from there. BUT my wonderful waitress did come by with a covered plate and some silverware wrapped in a napkin stating we should take it to our stateroom. Lo and Behold, we had a wonderful desert later. And of course she got an additional tip to boot. (she deserved for that and much more :) )

I LOVE tiramisu...it's good because it's not sweet enough to make your teeth hurt, and the perfect end to a good dinner.

We've been lucky...made a PLEA to the headwaiter in after our dinner at Chops, who walked over to Portofino and brought one back for me for dessert...and hubster snuck back up and talked to the headwaiter another night who remembered us, and brought another one back to enjoy on our balcony on our "real" anniversary night... ;)

Archived