Alcohol on Board - not a smuggling question :-)

I realize we can't bring alcohol on board on RCCL and we can't order bottle service to our cabin so I'm wondering, are we able to buy drinks at a bar and leave the bar/walk around the ship with them?

I realize we can't bring alcohol on board on RCCL and we can't order bottle service to our cabin so I'm wondering, are we able to buy drinks at a bar and leave the bar/walk around the ship with them?

You can order bottles of wine for consumption in your statetoom.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/giftcatalog/category/home.do;jsessionid=0000XqOQAi39lJvS109qBiud1Do:13hldcctq?catCode=WINE

Of course you can! They don't care WHERE you drink, as long as you buy it from them!!!! You can hit a bar before dinner, and carry it into the dining room (or wherever)...take drinks to your cabin...

Can you order a bottle of wine from the bar - and if yes, does it work out more expensive or is it better value to order it in advance and have it delivered to the stateroom.

I was under the impression that bottles of wine were only available for purchase to consume at dinner or purchased and given to you when your cruise ended.

Its great news that I can order it and drink it in my room - that cuts out the need to smuggle any on ship (for me anyway).

I like to have a drink in my room getting ready and I really didnt fancy the trek to a bar from my room then walking a glass or 2 back to my room - thats a mission!!

Can you order a bottle of wine from the bar - and if yes, does it work out more expensive or is it better value to order it in advance and have it delivered to the stateroom.

I believe the price is the same either way. The only discount :rolleyes: is to order a wine package.

Yes, I was told at Vintages, on the Liberty, that we could buy bottles and take them back to our rooms to consume.

We were also told that if we bought the wine package we could call room service and have a bottle delivered to the room. You also order from your wine package as many bottles as you want at dinner. Order an extra and take it back to your room.

It's cheaper to buy the wine package than to buy by the bottle.

Thanks for all the great info.

I didn't realize you could actually take bottles of wine away with you - for some reason I thought they had to stay in the MDR and were only available with meals there.

Now if only they'd allow us to buy bottle service for liquor :-)

I will regularly order drinks from the bar to take to the dining room. I like my whiskey with only a few cubes of ice, but it's hard to get the waiter to convey this to the bar tender in the MDR. If I get my drink on the way in, I get it just the way I like it.

You can take any wine you do not finish at dinner back to your room. So you can order more than you need and have plenty for your room. UNLESS you prefer chilled white... the honor bar doesn't keep things very cold.[/quoteThe room steward will keep you white wine chiled in an ice bucket in your cabin. All you need to do is ask.

You can take any wine you do not finish at dinner back to your room. So you can order more than you need and have plenty for your room. UNLESS you prefer chilled white... the honor bar doesn't keep things very cold.
The room steward will keep your white wine chilled in an ice bucket in your cabin. All you need to do is ask.

If you pre-order your wine through Gifts & Gear you will save the gratuity portion of the price. It's not a lot, but it certainly does add up @ 18% per bottle!

I always order two or three bottles & have them delivered throughout the cruise.

If you pre-order your wine through Gifts & Gear you will save the gratuity portion of the price. It's not a lot, but it certainly does add up @ 18% per bottle!

I always order two or three bottles & have them delivered throughout the cruise.

Now thats what i wanted to hear...if im saving the gratuity...its worth it ordering in advance imo

The issue then becomes not having it chilled.....umm, ice in wine isn't nice :mad:

Just cant win - RCCL have me by the balls and I dont even have any!

Archived