One.9 or one.6 Wine on Board

vabeach522

Does anyone know if the "One. wines are available on board celebrity? I'd rather not carry my own and pay corckage if I could buy it on board. Any on familiar with these wines and familiar with the wine list on board. (particularly interested in Infinity right now). Thanks!

Hi, VaBeach - we were on the Constellation for two weeks in October. We take a look at the wine list every night and try a little bit of everything. I'm sure they didn't have the One.6 or One.9 wines then. In the main restaurants, Celebrity has a good selection of recognizable American and French/European wines, with a smattering of new producers (Chile, Australia, NZ). The Speciality restaurant on Infinity (the SS United States?) will have a better, more extensive list, but still pretty mainstream. Prices are moderate in the main restaurant ($25 - $80/bottle) and appropriate in the specialty restaurant ($40 - 250/bottle).

Brucemcdou -Thanks. Appreciate the info.

Les - HA! HA!

Cruise Junky - One. wines are low carb. The Chardonnay is actually quite good. The merlot is a little weak to me, but dh who drinks merlot most of the time thinks that it is okay. They are made in California.

Thanks for everyone's input.

No, I didn't see any Mondovi Opus One wines onboard the Constellation last week. They have many other good wines; however (or luckily for us) most of them in the lower price range. Since we are from Sonoma County originally (San Diego transplants), we don't spend too much money on wine on a ship - since the tribulations cause it to break down (I am a Chemical Engineer and have also seen this on Travel Channel.)

I GUESS the ship "vault" is where they can get the best availability and price for wine and pass on for a reasonable price. I found wine prices to be less than I pay normally at home at a moderate restaurant. However, if you are picky, which I am at times, bring your own on and give it to the Sommier for a $15 cork fee.

Lastly, if you want really good wines, they feature a few. We tried the “best” on the menu ($125) just to try it out and it was fantastic – but not memorable other than the sniffer glasses. Anyway, I would stick with the St. Francis both the Chardonnay and the Cabernet Sauvignon – these are very reasonable (around $35 a bottle) and better than some of the others we tried.

Rix and Heather

Archived