City Inn Westminster transfer

In crude terms you only have two options ...

Hire a taxi/cab direct to Harwich from the City Inn that will cost about 190 GBP. (You could lower this cost by going on the roll call of your cruise and getting a group together and hiring a small bus)

Make your way across London to Liverpool Street Station by taxi or public transport (tedious with luggage from the City Inn) and get the train. Trains run hourly to the cruise terminal (Harwich International) and there are sometimes special cruise trains also. Single adult fare is 26.20 GBP

I would highly recommend Darren with Adelphi Executive Hire. We have booked him from London to Harwich on August 9th. We did our air thru RCCL but since we are arriving pre-cruise to sightsee for several days and are not staying in a RCCL hotel we had to arrange our own transportation to the pier. I heard about him on Cruise Critic. He has been a pleasure dealing with and is very thorough when it comes to all the details. Others on Cruise Critic have spoken very highly of him as well. In addition, his price was comparable to other quotes I received from companies or drivers not found on Cruise Critic. I always try to go with Cruise Critic recommended people/companies.

• 3 weeks later...
In crude terms you only have two options ...

Hire a taxi/cab direct to Harwich from the City Inn that will cost about 190 GBP. (You could lower this cost by going on the roll call of your cruise and getting a group together and hiring a small bus)

Make your way across London to Liverpool Street Station by taxi or public transport (tedious with luggage from the City Inn) and get the train. Trains run hourly to the cruise terminal (Harwich International) and there are sometimes special cruise trains also. Single adult fare is 26.20 GBP

handfordr, we plan to use the cruise train for our trip to Harwich in early September. We will be at the Grosvenor house and will get a taxi to the train. Do you know if they limit the luggage on the train and where do we put the luggage as my husband and I will both have 2 large bags and a carry-on. Also do the trains serve beverages and are there toilets on board. Thank you in advance for any help you can give us. The train sound exciting and a nice way to see the countyside.

handfordr, we plan to use the cruise train for our trip to Harwich in early September. We will be at the Grosvenor house and will get a taxi to the train. Do you know if they limit the luggage on the train and where do we put the luggage as my husband and I will both have 2 large bags and a carry-on. Also do the trains serve beverages and are there toilets on board. Thank you in advance for any help you can give us. The train sound exciting and a nice way to see the countyside.

It depends on the train as to if it has beverage service, and but yes there are always toilets on board. Basically you just bring your luggage on the train and either put it next to your seat or on a rack. Pretty straight forward really

The last time I saw this train was a couple of weeks ago and they were just using a normal commuter train. Its not like Amtrak where you check in with a conductor, get seats assigned and luggage goes in a special area in a controlled manner.

Its a bit of a free for all, you carry the luggage aboard yourself and find an empty seat, if you can carry the luggage independently then you can take it onboard. There is normally a separate bagge car if you need it and toilets.

At the Harwich end the porters can wheel your luggage up to the train if you need this to/from the cruise terminal and there is normally a conductor selling tickets next to the platform entrance if you have not got tickets already at Harwich.

Archived