Guarantee vs. Known Quantity?

mauimix

I'm a first-time Oceania cruiser. I just booked a stateroom on the Regatta for Scandinavian Splendors in August. There were very few spots left; I ended up choosing A1 (midship, Deck 7), a verandah stateroom. I couldn't select a specific cabin; she said there were two "guarantee" rooms available. She also told me that the cabins are all the same, since they are midship, and it wouldn't matter which one I got. (I booked directly with Oceania.) Can I believe this? I still have time to change my reservation.:confused:

Your TA is correct; all of the A1 cabins are the same. There are no bad ones. There would be a minuscule difference between the center-most and the ones further away from the center, but I doubt anyone could tell.

I'm a first-time Oceania cruiser. I just booked a stateroom on the Regatta for Scandinavian Splendors in August. There were very few spots left; I ended up choosing A1 (midship, Deck 7), a verandah stateroom. I couldn't select a specific cabin; she said there were two "guarantee" rooms available. She also told me that the cabins are all the same, since they are midship, and it wouldn't matter which one I got. (I booked directly with Oceania.) Can I believe this? I still have time to change my reservation.:confused:

Welcome to CC.

You can believe them - there would be no difference between the rooms (only slight location difference).

You might get a better price (and/or OBC) if you find the right TA to transef the booking to.

It's a fantastic cruise on a great cruise line - enjoy.

Thanks for your replies and encouragement. As a newbie, I humbly ask, how would I transfer my booking to a TA? Would I cancel it with Oceania, then immediately re-book through a TA?

Thanks for your replies and encouragement. As a newbie, I humbly ask, how would I transfer my booking to a TA? Would I cancel it with Oceania, then immediately re-book through a TA?

You need to find a TA first (land based or internet) and the agent will transfer the booking for you (same cabin, etc).

The rules do not allow for us to recommend TA on this site.

Shop around before you transfer - make sure you get the best deal. This is usually done before your final payment.

How is that a guarantee? Did you book a VS guarantee hoping to get a VS or OS? Sounds more like a waiting list to me.

Seems we've had this discussion once before.

To answer your question,I called my TA & told him I was interested in a VS for a particular sailing. He got back to me in a few days and said that I had a VS GUARANTEE! Several days later a received an invoice with a booking number. Not long after, I received a second invoice with the VS number.

At no time was I on a wait list. If one is on a wait list, one does not usually receive an invoice with a booking number. I have been on a priority wait list( didn't come through) and never received an invoice with a booking number. I did get my deposit refunded.

Seems to me you're still confused about a guarantee versus a wait list.

I'm not confused about the difference at all nor about the snideness. Maybe just surprised that O offers a VS guarantee since there are so few of them.

Snide? Me? Who would think!! :rolleyes:

BTW - this is the second GUARANTEE that I've gotten. Appears that you are not dealing with the right TA. Surprise, Surprise!!!

Archived