LGA to RED Hook Cab or Transfers ?

5fathom

We are sailing New York to Quebec in September. Anyone have any experience using Princess Transfers from LGA to pier. Is the transfer fairly expedient or did you wait on the bus ? We are leaning toward using a cab but any info would be appreciated. Thanks

Just make sure they know you are going to Brooklyn and NOT manhattan. Some companies are not so keen on dropping off in brooklyn, but I would think they are good with this! If you do end up taking a yellow cab from the airport just make sure you know the directions to where you need to go because yellow cabs are coming from manhattan and not brooklyn. They will take you to brooklyn, and are required to, but don't know their way around brooklyn as they are used to going to manhattan. I live in brooklyn and have to give them directions every time!!

Hi,

Check with Super Shuttle, you will find them online. We are sailing on the

CB Princess on 8/13 but we are coming from Manhattan and plan on using Carmel (as previous poster mentioned. They have an 800 number, which I believe is 800-666-6666. We have used them for years. I would call them and check on pricing etc. You can make a reservation for pickup. Try them.

Enjoy:)

synet165

I do not think any cab driver would have a problem finding their way from LGA to Red Hook - it is BQE(Brooklyn Queens Expressway) practically all the way. Lived in Brooklyn Heights for years and never had a problem:)

leoandhugh, definately do not want to be controversial but we had a taxi driver that had no idea how to get to the pier from the Brooklyn Bridge Marriott. Now I realize that is not near the airport but it is very close to the pier.It was a little frustating, because we knew it was close, we could see the ship from the bridge. I had read on cruise critic boards before our cruise to bring a map with directions and I had that.(excellent directions given on the east coast ports board) It helped him a lot. He truly did not know how to get there. That is why I have been reading this thread with interest. I am hoping that will not happen again :) this next cruise coming up. It will definately not hurt if you print out some directions and bring them with you.

Linda

What about the return trip? We will be flying out of LGA after we get back. Should we arrange a shuttle in advance, or is there plenty of transportation available when you get off the ship?

Thanks for all this help. We will be getting off the ship and going to Penn Station for Amtrak.

Carmel should know the way from Red Hook to the station. I won't need map, right ?

MaryAnn

What about the return trip? We will be flying out of LGA after we get back. Should we arrange a shuttle in advance, or is there plenty of transportation available when you get off the ship?

I certainly would. From what I hear, it is much more reliable than the taxis.

wowzo-Ask the person that you make a reservation with on the phone about needing a map. I doubt that you'd need it or directions.

You should be fine with the limo service. There were plenty of taxis lined up at debarkation but also lots of people! My husband saw a line of limos and asked the price. We hopped right in and were on our way to LGA. I want to say it was a little more than when we used Carmel to the hotel in Brooklyn. I think I later heard someone say the limos are contracted with the port for use of passengers back to the airport that do not want to use taxis. I think this time we are going to use Princess transportation back to the airport. The price was comparable to the limo service and our flight leaves at a time that I am not sure I want to chance the taxi (just a bad experiance before). We will probably use Carmel from the airport to the port. One tip if you use Carmel or probably any car service.....wear something distinctive. I remember it was late when they were trying to find us and it took a while to find eachother. They really were a good limo service, I agree with mario, they will get you there :) Just because though......I am still taking a map.

Linda

Archived