orlando airport hotel

firststeps

We fly out VERY early from Orlando airport (MCO) to begin our travels to Vancouver for our cruise. We need a recommendation for a hotel near the airport that allows free parking and shuttle service to the airport. I know that I have heard a few hotels offer this but have been unable to locate them. Also, any recommendations on how to identify them on Hotwire or Priceline would be appreciated. Terri

We have used the Orlando Airport Marriott - about 5 to 10 minutes, accounting for traffic, from the airport. This is the hotel that Carnival uses for pre- and post-nights. I've seen pilots and flight attendants there, too. They have a courtesy shuttle that is free (although we do give the driver a little tip). Shuttle is large enough to hold a good sized group, and has plenty of luggage space. Carnival charges $120 per night for the room. Restaurants are NOT kid friendly - mostly high end cuisine, but room service was actually cheaper and more "normal" food. Breakfast items very limited - suggest you get that at the airport.

I'd suggest you check with a live person at the hotel desk to confirm that the shuttle runs at the time you need it. We left the hotel around 6:00 a.m. for an 8:00 flight and had no problems.

We have used the Orlando Airport Marriott - about 5 to 10 minutes, accounting for traffic, from the airport. This is the hotel that Carnival uses for pre- and post-nights. I've seen pilots and flight attendants there, too. They have a courtesy shuttle that is free (although we do give the driver a little tip). Shuttle is large enough to hold a good sized group, and has plenty of luggage space. Carnival charges $120 per night for the room. Restaurants are NOT kid friendly - mostly high end cuisine, but room service was actually cheaper and more "normal" food. Breakfast items very limited - suggest you get that at the airport.

I'd suggest you check with a live person at the hotel desk to confirm that the shuttle runs at the time you need it. We left the hotel around 6:00 a.m. for an 8:00 flight and had no problems.

Most of the hotels have shuttles and many will let you leave your car. Just call a few.

Enjoy Vancouver we ended our cruise there last may and stayed a couple of days. Make sure if you have time to go to Granville Island.

For bidding on priceline, how many stars did you request in order to get the Orlando Hotel Marriott. Did it let you list the airport as the area? THanks, Terri

I did 3 or 4 star...sorry I can't remember which one for sure...on priceline where you can book hotels for full price it shows its a 3&1/2 star... so you could start on 4 star...and go from their. And yes it lets you list the airport as the area! Hope this helps.

Archived