Swine flu onboard Adventure of the Seas

rumor or not.... DH & I finally bought our own snorkel gear. We have been thinking about it for awhile as the rental equipment has always kind of ooked us out. We just decided better safe than sorry.

That's a great idea...DH and I will probably do the same before we head to MR in a few weeks.

That's a great idea...DH and I will probably do the same before we head to MR in a few weeks.

We got sets from Dicks sporting goods that have their own travel bag with a strap on it to sling over your shoulder. My beach towel even fits in the bag with the equipment. Can't wait to use it on Saturday in Key Largo pre-cruise.:D

Just heard over the radio that there is a lady onboard Adventure OTS -which docked this morning here in Curacao- with the swine flu.

She and her family have been quarantained. Will update later..

Thanks for the heads up. Please let us know if you hear anything else. Happy cruising!

Just heard over the radio that there is a lady onboard Adventure OTS -which docked this morning here in Curacao- with the swine flu.

Any cases of athletes foot? Pink eye? Gingivitis maybe?

Sorry if that sounds a tad snarky but it was meant to.

I just find it a bit difficult to swallow thats all. If 'they' (who they is)determined she has swine flu then they must have some good testing facitilites aboard the Adventure these days. :rolleyes: When did THAT happen?

Unless of course whe was tested before she boarded and knew before hand that she had it, in which case I doubt she'd admit it.

Am I over analyzing this maybe? Its a non issue either way. :D

This reminds me of the reports a few weeks ago that a crew member aboard Serenade had H1N1 (swine flu). As it turned out, once they got her off the ship and tested her, she actually didn't have H1N1 at all and was already recovered by the time her "official" results came back.

It's a shame for that passenger. She is probably stuck in her stateroom for the duration of the cruise, and it's quite possible she has nothing more than a common cold.

Please read before you flame someone. He is not reporting this as fact! He is only reporting what he heard on the radio. While hearsay is not admissible in court, it is certainly worthy of being reported here.

Just my two cents worth!

- Steve

what rumors?? trying to be funny?

For some reason it doesn't take much to alarm the public when it comes to this subject."Swine Flu" is getting a lot of (in my opinion) overzealous attention by the media (and others). It is a fact that that this virus is no more dangerous than any other seasonal flu.Also,it isn't "funny" that many ports of call still remain cancelled due to H1N1.

Any cases of athletes foot? Pink eye? Gingivitis maybe?

Sorry if that sounds a tad snarky but it was meant to.

I just find it a bit difficult to swallow thats all. If 'they' (who they is)determined she has swine flu then they must have some good testing facitilites aboard the Adventure these days. :rolleyes: When did THAT happen?

Unless of course whe was tested before she boarded and knew before hand that she had it, in which case I doubt she'd admit it.

Am I over analyzing this maybe? Its a non issue either way. :D

Thank you typing my thoughts...saved me the trouble!! If the governments of the world are taking several weeks to confirm cases, it sure would be amazing if RCCL found a way to do it in less than the time it takes to take a 7 day cruise!!:D;)

Please read before you flame someone. He is not reporting this as fact! He is only reporting what he heard on the radio. While hearsay is not admissible in court, it is certainly worthy of being reported here.

Just my two cents worth!

- Steve

I disagree. Its just spreading rumours and doesn't deserve to be reported anywhere.

Just my two cents worth!

Oh no! I hope she is OKAY!

Lets see...so far as of today according to CBS News here in New York City alone there are 7 deaths linked to the H1N1 Virus, 21 nation wide. Granted this is a very small percentage of people compared to the population of the entire U.S. and that people's health was also a factor...still there are people who are not in the best of health and if they do catch something could be fatal, cruising or not cruising. The large percentage of the stricken end up with a milder case of it compared to the people of Mexico City. So do not flame me for posting the facts...a few people may want to know what the original poster heard.

Lets see...so far as of today according to CBS News here in New York City alone there are 7 deaths linked to the H1N1 Virus, 21 nation wide. Granted this is a very small percentage of people compared to the population of the entire U.S. and that people's health was also a factor...still there are people who are not in the best of health and if they do catch something could be fatal, cruising or not cruising. The large percentage of the stricken end up with a milder case of it compared to the people of Mexico City. So do not flame me for posting the facts...a few people may want to know what the original poster heard.

Do you know how many people die of the flu in the U.S. alone, every year? Close to 40,000. The swine flu, in Mexico and elsewhere, is a very mild case of the flu. (also just stating a fact for the OP, and anyone else who cares)

Do you know how many people die of the flu in the U.S. alone, every year? Close to 40,000. The swine flu, in Mexico and elsewhere, is a very mild case of the flu.

That is why I said a very small percentage!!

Nothing better to do other than complain about other peoples comments!!

Get a life! :mad:

That is why I said a very small percentage!!

Nothing better to do other than complain about other peoples comments!!

Get a life! :mad:

Chill out. Read the end of my comment. I was amending yours. :rolleyes:

Archived