Please Reconfirm Your Independent Excursions

dusty1117

We are leaving on the 12th for Vancouver so I decided to reconfirm my excursions. In Denali, I found out we were the only ones booked for the day on 2 different rafting tours. They said it was still early since I only reconfirmed 2 weeks in advance. Minimum was 4 per rafting trip. We'll figure something else to do if we get cancelled. In Juneau, we were asked to move our time for whalewatching since no one else was going at the time we requested. It's interesting there will be 5 ships in port that day and no one else is going at 9AM.

I suggest you reconfirm your excursions.

Avis/Elliot

We are leaving on the 12th for Vancouver so I decided to reconfirm my excursions. In Denali, I found out we were the only ones booked for the day on 2 different rafting tours. They said it was still early since I only reconfirmed 2 weeks in advance. Minimum was 4 per rafting trip. We'll figure something else to do if we get cancelled. In Juneau, we were asked to move our time for whalewatching since no one else was going at the time we requested. It's interesting there will be 5 ships in port that day and no one else is going at 9AM.

I suggest you reconfirm your excursions.

Avis/Elliot

Thanks. Is your whalewatching with the company in the Toursaver book? We're booked with them in July, but I checked with them last week and so far only our party of 2 are signed up. We told them we'll take any time to match up with someone else.

Thanks for the reminder, I will starte confirming everything on Monday, about 10 days out. I hope nothing gets cancelled.

We booked this cruise a year ago and the prices for the cruise itself dropped so much, that we are now able to spend more on shore excursions than we originally planned.

Thanks. Is your whalewatching with the company in the Toursaver book? We're booked with them in July, but I checked with them last week and so far only our party of 2 are signed up. We told them we'll take any time to match up with someone else.

Yes, it is. We have the 3 pm tour.

Yes it is with AKwhalewatching through the toursaver's book. Another couple called them and said they were not taking any more people for that day using the coupons. We also had said we would go on 2.5 or 3 hour tour that was available. I think this will work out better since we are scheduled to take flightseeing tour in Talkeetna. Odds are we may get cancelled so I can quickly see if there is any availability while we are on the cruise or this also gives us time to see Mendenhall or tram. Now it would be nice if the weather cooperates.

Avis/Elliot

• 3 weeks later...
I have a whale watch tour using the tour saver book in Juneau for 3 pm. We've been waitlisted for the 10 am tour for months but not enough people have signed up to make it.

Do you know who the tour operator is for this tour? I was thinking of buying the book and using the coupon, but wanted to check with the operator first to make sure of availabiity and that the coupon could be used.

Thanks

Do you know who the tour operator is for this tour? I was thinking of buying the book and using the coupon, but wanted to check with the operator first to make sure of availabiity and that the coupon could be used.

Thanks

Alaska Whale Watching, they are a new business.

Thanks for the reminder. I just sent off my email to them to ask them to confirm our excursion for next month too (July 20). Anyone else here happen to be booked with them for the 3 hr. excursion that day?

Archived