Port Side in Miami

If your cabin is on the port side it means you're on the left side of the vessel as you face the bow. Port... four letters... left... four letters.

The right side of the ship is called 'starboard'.

I'm sorry, I can't tell you which side of the ship will be facing the pier while she's docked in Miami.

:)

If your cabin is on the port side of the ship....does that mean you are port side in Miami?

When in port at Miami, which is the better side of the ship to be on for the sail-away? TIA

Host Mach answered the question regarding the "Port Side".... but as far as how the ship is positioned... that can change weekly and port side could be facing the "port" one week or then again facing the "non port" the next week. :eek:

We were on the Port Side of the Liberty the week of May 23. We were on the side of the ship away from the port on sail away. HOwever, I think the view on our side of the ship was nicer than the port view. You go out through a little inlet (so there are colorful highrises on both sides). When we came back into dock at the end of our cruise, we were facing the port. So, I guess it just depends on which way the boat is facing when you sail away. I have no complaints though of not looking at the port. I will be posting a review (maybe tonight and will be attaching pictures - if I can figure out how). Hope this helps you!! Have a great time!:D

Most, if not all, of the times that I can recall, starboard has been at the pier in Miami, so that your best view at sailaway is from port side. Not a guarantee, however.

I agree with this, however I have been on the same ship, and had it facing different directions. I believe it based upon how they pull in when dokcing at the end of a cruise.

When the ship leaves the Port of Miami, the best view is usually from the port side. She leaves out the same way every week....there is only one way out.

She may not be docked the same way every week but if facing the city she will go down to the end and turn around in the bay and come back out the same way through Government Cut.

Archived