Whats wrong with Seabourn Club??

Host Dan

Wow bgood!

How in the world did you find out that they received my letter? (I didnt sign it "CruiserDan")

Thanks for the update, it'll be interesting as to why I was deducted 15 days, either I was on the ship or not..(?)!

Cruise on,

CruiserDan

Since this thread is so unusual for this board, I got someone on the thread and phone with me and did some asking. Here are the updates:

1. CruiserDan, your letter was received today. They have some research to do with your travel agent, it's a question of how the booking was recorded--you'll get a reply soon ( I know, I know!).

2. bldsld and adolfo2: The Invitation program was stopped for about a week, but they realized that that was no answer and they are still honoring referrals made on the proper forms, (the coupons) sent to the office. However, they are going to revise the program and will be changing it soon, so if you have some referrals send them now. FYI they experienced about three weeks of intense activity on this referral program after the new staff took over--nobody can explain that, but it happened. Inquiries are now down to a trickle and they also have learned a lot about it in the interim. So replies and service should be a lot better.

From your side, it appears that a lot of Seabourn regulars had/have personal email addresses for favorite HQ staff who helped them in the past. Now some of those people are gone and their email addresses are sort of black holes--so that might ( I say MIGHT) explain some of the mysterious non-replies.

At any rate, they assure me that seabournclub@seabourn.com is a going concern with a very qualified person manning it, so try that for any inquiries.They aim to reply within 24 hours.

O yeah, and about the Tumi certificates, they have to take it up with Tumi--and will do so.

Yours for a better Seabourn,

bgood

Hi Bgood:

Thanks for your help. I am "writing off" the referrals that I mailed in (on the proper forms) in early 2004.

The problem still exists with Seabourn not following through as promised. I individually mailed certificates in mid-September, early-October, and late-October and still no onboard gift certificates for my referred friends or myself, nada, NOTHING! :mad:

Hi,

I just received a very nice telephone call from Deborah Natansohn, president of Seabourn. She explained that the sail days and reward days discrepency had to do with the way the cruise was booked through a large group (charter maybe?) Either way, it has been corrected. I believe she will do a terrific job!

CruiserDan

2. bldsld and adolfo2: The Invitation program was stopped for about a week, but they realized that that was no answer and they are still honoring referrals made on the proper forms, (the coupons) sent to the office. However, they are going to revise the program and will be changing it soon, so if you have some referrals send them now. FYI they experienced about three weeks of intense activity on this referral program after the new staff took over--nobody can explain that, but it happened. Inquiries are now down to a trickle and they also have learned a lot about it in the interim. So replies and service should be a lot better.

bgood

I will be mailing out two more certificates/coupons tomorrow (in separate envelopes of course ;) ) and will keep my fingers crossed that they don't fall into the same "Seabourn By Invitation" black hole........

adolfo~~~~I just received the nicest NEW "Guest Referral" $500 coupon......which I'm mailing in for our Pride March Crossing. It states to mail it to the Club Desk on Blue Lagoon Dr.........I will add: Attention: Tessie

Hopefully our Guest Referral Program has been sorted out........

Happy Sails.......

MB

• 2 weeks later...

Curiousx,

The July referral is probably lost in space. I submitted in July a 2nd referral for friends that were sailing with us at the end of November and had to finally call the Signature Club desk and speak to Tessie to get it applied. The first referral was 6 months prior to the second one.

Maybe they have their act together now. One can only hope.

mcboo:)

On my last cruise, I purchased an open booking deposit as a gift for some friends who have not sailed Seabourn before. The open booking is in their name. Do you think it would be possible for me to submit their names to the referral program for an on-board credit? Or would they be ineligible because they already 'have' a booking ?

P.S. Mcboo thanks for your advice re the July black hole - I will follow up.

IN the summer I referred my brother. Then decided to give a gift of the 'Gilliagan's Island' cruise to him and my SIL. (I will be on board from the crossing cruise.) I never heard anything, but he got a letter and coupon stating I had referred him and they will have a credit to spend. (I shall be booking them for spa treatments<G>). I assume my credit will arrive, because his letter specifically mentions me. I shall let my TA deal with it.

You should get one, too!

Jane in PHL

Unfortunately, the Carnival switch of Cunard to CA., leaving Seabourn alone, with much of their senior help waved "bye-bye", administration has suffered greatly.

Frank Sansone was the "backbone", the Customer Services leader; he's gone since 9/30, and, need I say more. Your best bet is Ms. Deborah Natansohn, now #1, who's staff was helpful to me when I had a problem with a QE-2 booking in 2003.

I too had superb experience with Frank Sansone and sorry to hear he is gone. Does anyone know of his replacement or who is acting as Guest Relations/Customer Service manager and "Quality Assurance" which was also in his title.

Thank you.

CruiserDL

CruiserDL

• 3 weeks later...

Cause I'm buying!!!!!!!

I finally, finally, received my $500 discount coupons for friends I recommended in September/October ’04.

I’m sure that one of them received their welcome package around Christmas while the other is still patiently waiting.

Archived