Celebrity Salad Dressing

SuzCruise

I can't explain why it wasn't offered on some people's cruises in the past, but can say that it was available on the Century last week. It wasn't an option offered every night, but I discovered the last night that they have always have it available if you ask for it. I find this out on night 12! But now I know.

We obtained the same ingredients list as Soccer Mom posts above - our includes parsley - from the chef on the Zenith in 1996. It's basically a variation of a classical Caesar dressing recipe. We make it in the blender from time to time - you need high speed to break down the boiled egg. The fish sauce is used sparingly and serves to intensify the anchovy flavor.

Their Calypso dressing is another good one -a variation of the traditional Catalina dressing most people know but this one includes a bit of mint.

So does anyone have the recipe (not just the ingredients) for the Celebrity Dressing? The new menus seem to have 2 "homemades" per night that change --I did see the Calypso on the posted menus but not sure I saw any Celebrity dressing--

I am thinking none of the ships will have it. The new menus posted somewhere on these bds show two special dressings each night--they had calypso but I did not see the celebrity!

Archived