Need your advice

Lisa&Neb

There are a lot of great responses to your question and I agree with many of them. I have cruised Carnival 9x's and just came back from my first NCL cruise about three weeks ago. First CCL cruise was in the mid 90's and I had some amazing trips for a young adult in my 20's. I loved the party vibe and the variety of activities (even the ones that didn't involve alcohol). Over the last five cruises I had seen a decrease in my opinion of quality and attention to detail. I live in New Orleans so the southern ports of the US are quite easy and affordable to travel out of. Decided a few months ago to try NCL and I was more than happy with the choice. The Pearl was an amazing ship with an equally amazing crew!

I wouldn't say that I would never return to CCL although I believe it would need to be on the newer class of ships. Did the Conquest for my honeymoon five years ago and loved it.

Its really up to you. If the cheaper rate makes a difference I'd say you know that the vibe will be a bit different but you can know that in advance so it may be just fine for you. The cabin size is definitely a plus on Carnival too. If you prefer a bit more refined experience, I'd do the other line.

:)

Whatever your choice, enjoy yourself!

Cindy

After taking 10 cruises on NCL to Bermuda, Bahamas adnd Eastern Carribean we took the Crown Princess Eastern Carribean out of Fort Lauderdale and were pleasantly surprised.

I found the food to be a step up on Princess, the princess ships have movies under the stars and three seperate pool areas.

The pizza and buffet were outstandiong. Anytime dining worked out very well for us.

I like NCL, but they are no longer my first choice. Unlike others who have raved about the NCL Spirit, I found my May cruise to Bermuda to be good, not great.

Do you know that Carnival owns Princess (or is owned by the same corporation)?

Anyway, I think you'll get partiers on any cruise. We just cruised on Carnival Destiny 5 night Caribbean during March and we did not encounter anything inappropriate or see drunk people all over the ship. There were a lot of families on this cruise including ours.

As others posted, Carnival is implementing "anytime dining" too.

Good luck with your choice.

NCL is my favorite line and I have also been on Princess and Carnival during spring break (newer ships for both). I agree that there are more similarities than differences and that as an NCL fan, you can have a great time on either of the other two choices. I, personally, would choose Princess for a number of small reasons that added up to a less fun time on Carnival (dancing & interruptions during meal times, more distant crew, entertainment very spread out at night so no party got going in any one particular venue, less connection with other passengers...all things that can vary from trip to trip).

If you go with a newer Princess ship, my only complaint would be that their main show lounges are not big enough to seat all passengers within the two showtimes. There can be a good bit of ugliness between people vying for seats (either you waste good cruise time by going to the show way early to get a seat, or you hassle with the seat-savers closer to show time, or you just stand up).

Both lines have beautiful new ships, imo.

Good luck with your choice! It is fun to explore the differences.

If you go with a newer Princess ship, my only complaint would be that their main show lounges are not big enough to seat all passengers within the two showtimes. There can be a good bit of ugliness between people vying for seats (either you waste good cruise time by going to the show way early to get a seat, or you hassle with the seat-savers closer to show time, or you just stand up).

Both lines have beautiful new ships, imo.

Good luck with your choice! It is fun to explore the differences.

Now, this is just too much stress for me on a cruise vacation.:D

I've been on both Carnival and NCL. I prefer the abundant variety of activities on Carnival. I enjoy dressing up on formal nights. On NCL, I love that it leaves from Boston (45 min away) but am not a big fan of the freestyle cruising. Both have great food and equal amounts of drunks and party people. No matter which cruise line you choose, your vacation will be whatever you make it.

Archived