questions about posting

nowfe3

I'm a bit confused. I posted several new threads asking several questions about the fantasy last night, and received not one response. I am new to this and am wondering if only certain threads merit responses, or certain questions merit responses. Sometimes, one is new and does not "know the ropes" but it would be nice if a question and answer were at least acknowledged. I thought this was the point of cruise critic. I see many, many responses from people who know what they are talking about, so what am I doing wrong???

Thank you very much about the location of the aft cabin. I didn't post any threads about drink coupons, though. I know about those as I've purchased them for other cruises. I was just questioning about the location of our cabin as I have not stayed that far in the back before, so again, thanks.

Maybe there was no one on last night that has been on Fantasy, don't know what time you posted last night but remember if you are posting at 10pm, it is 1am on the east coast.

The best time to post is usually around 6pm pst.

Sorry, i have never been on Fantasy.

Thanks for the suggesting a "post-time" suggestion even though I see others post well into the night. I work late and can't post earlier than that so I guess I'll just read other folks' questions and try to decipher any questions I may have by reading other threads.

I'm a bit confused. I posted several new threads asking several questions about the fantasy last night, and received not one response. I am new to this and am wondering if only certain threads merit responses, or certain questions merit responses. Sometimes, one is new and does not "know the ropes" but it would be nice if a question and answer were at least acknowledged. I thought this was the point of cruise critic. I see many, many responses from people who know what they are talking about, so what am I doing wrong???

you posted 2 threads yesterday - one on your roll call, and one to the carnival board that i can see....

i don't think it's a matter of knowing the ropes or being a new poster - but you're asking for information specific to your cabin 246. it's just so narrow a focus - the vast majority of people even here on cc, that saw your post, have never sailed in that cabin in particular.

i saw that rowan on your roll call commented about the location - that's about as general a response you can expect for such a specific question.

try to be more general - like 'fantasy class cabin xxx, or similar / category. people here really want to help if they can, but when questions are very specific, your pool of potential respondents is very limited.

i TRY not to respond to threads i can't speak knowledgably / from first hand experience to, unless i'm absolutely certain.

good luck to you. :D

Thanks for the suggesting a "post-time" suggestion even though I see others post well into the night. I work late and can't post earlier than that so I guess I'll just read other folks' questions and try to decipher any questions I may have by reading other threads.

nah, don't worry about that. there are definitely some night owls around here - myself included - and apparently you too :D

but it is true - look at how the posts update post, say, 11pm est - way slower than, pretty much the rest of the day from 7am forward. people can and will still respond the next day, even during said peak hours, if they can... but like i said, re: the question of a specific cabin - there's such a limited amount of people that can answer per first hand experience, is miniscule.

don't give up yet :cool:

Got it and thanks. I thought I had seen a few other specific cabin questions, but maybe not. This was a trial/error experience for me and I guess I flunked. I'm looking forward to cruising, so I'll just read what others have to ask and not bother to post. So long!!!!!

Got it and thanks. I thought I had seen a few other specific cabin questions, but maybe not. This was a trial/error experience for me and I guess I flunked. I'm looking forward to cruising, so I'll just read what others have to ask and not bother to post. So long!!!!!

no no, i want to be sure i'm being clear.

you're more than welcome to post WHATEVER you want. i was just saying that with a question about a specific cabin, most people can't respond with first hand info.

you should post any questions you can think of. that's one of the best features of this board.

don't relegate yourself to just reading and never posting - that's not what i'm saying at all. just realize, that sometimes, if you're very specific in the scope of your question, you might not find someone who can respond directly from first hand experience.

if you don't have the answers you want, i whole heartedly encourage you to keep at it :D

welcome to cc, btw, not sure if anyone's said that yet :cool:

I'd like to second that welcome. Ask away, but sometimes specific questions are generally harder to get answered. Especially about cabins. Good luck and watch out you will become addicted.

Ask away, maybe someone like me who was on a similar ship like Ecstasy has been in that area, rather than that specific cabin. Sometimes when you ask about one specific cabin, no one has been in that cabin, its nothing personal. Folks love to answer if they think they might be able to help.

As you can see I couldnt sleep, so here I am at 4 am

Nowfe3,

Just be thankful you didn't receive 10 or 20 replies that either said nothing to help (I've stayed in an inside cabin at the front of the ship) or simply said, I've never had a balcony cabin before.

Or worse yet, " Why don't you new people use the search function".

Yes I have that kind of stuff many times.

Hang in there, you eventually get responses some good some bad.

Archived