does have a future cruise credit program?

beyoung

If you book or put down a deposit while on a cruise, does that then mean HAL is the travel agent for you and use of my HOME TA is out of the question?:confused: I love my TA and have never had a problem...but such a deal to book on board

If you book or put down a deposit while on a cruise, does that then mean HAL is the travel agent for you and use of my HOME TA is out of the question?:confused: I love my TA and have never had a problem...but such a deal to book on board

When you book onboard, you can either attach that booking to your current desired T/A ... or you can leave it with HAL and transfer it later to any T/A of your choosing.

Does anyone know the hours of the future cruise consultant's office? I would like to book again while I'm on board in 10 days. But, last time I tried to do this, there was a long line, and I didn't want to wait.

Also, I may want to buy credits for my daughter and I for the next two cruises we want to take. Can I purchase 4 credits, but use them 2 by 2? Or if I buy 4 at a time, do I have to use them all together?

Thank you all for the advice!

Does anyone know the hours of the future cruise consultant's office? I would like to book again while I'm on board in 10 days. But, last time I tried to do this, there was a long line, and I didn't want to wait.

Also, I may want to buy credits for my daughter and I for the next two cruises we want to take. Can I purchase 4 credits, but use them 2 by 2? Or if I buy 4 at a time, do I have to use them all together?

Thank you all for the advice!

I don't know the hours ... it'll be announced onboard or will be printed in the dailies delivered to your cabin. My suggestion: go visit the FCC as early as possible during your cruise ... I went the second day of our 14-day sailing and it was a walk-up, no lines. Way more crowded as the cruise progressed.

As to buying future cruise options, you may buy as many as you please ... they are good for 4 years and are totally non-refundable. I believe that when you make the $100 deposits for a to-be-determined cruise, you must do so for specific persons ... I do not think these deposits are transferrable. So, if you make four deposits in your name, all four of them will be applied for your cruise booking. If you want to make $100 deposits for your daughter, they must be in her name. You can buy two for you and two for her, and each of you may use your deposits independent of each other ... meaning, you do not have to travel on the same sailing.

FCC hours are listed in the daily program.

We always see the FCC within the first couple days of the cruise -- less people and line goes quickly.

You can buy as many future cruise credits as you want for your daughter and you. One time we bought 6 since we knew what 3 future cruises we wanted to book.

Just remember that the $100 deposits go on your credit card -- not your shipboard account.

We were on our first HAL cruise (we have done Princess several times) last April. The cruise was great so we asked about the future cruise credit. While they do have one, I was dissappointed that it wasn't nearly as good as Princess. The OB credits were about half what Princess does. Also, Princess gives a full refund if not used in the four-year period. When I asked why it wasn't more competive, their response was they don't "need" to be! I thought that was a bit arrogant. However, I did put a future cruise deposit simply because I know I'll be taking another HAL cruise. I just thought they should try to be more competitive.

Archived